cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

i got it yesterday here in St Louis.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's what Im sayin, I saw your post yesterday you got it and I was like hmmmmm, Im only two hours south of you near Cape Girardeau. lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't receieved the update yet, but I'm almost positive that the OTA update will reset the phone to factory defaults, did it not prompt you to back up from a google account after the install?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Received the update to 4.1.2 here in Denver, CO yesterday. Worked fine, until this morning. Having force close issues w/ Chrome, and Play Store will not load.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Djdf3ct:

Reinstall the Chrome browser -- It looks like the update didn't stick so there are conflicting versions in the program.  An uninstall and reupdate will fix the issue.  It's a strange bug.

I had the same problem with the Play Store yesterday.

The expandable notifications are alright... Everything is structured like this: BOLD FROM blah blah blah other message blah blah blah

Why could they not just SPLIT MESSAGES? *hint hint*

I did notice the UI is faster... so... there was one improvement

Sprint:

Please fix these bugs.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm glad I haven't received it yet, and am sorry you guys are having troubles!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I almost wish I didn't update yet! Can't believe we're having all these problems. SPRINT YOU NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP! such a good phone and a shame for a stupid update to ruin it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This update reset my phone to factory default settings. All of my data was lost and I was not able to recover anything. I have updated other phones in the past without any problems, and honestly didn't think twice about it before updating this phone. The only help I received when I called Sprint was the suggestion that I backup everything on the phone before updating - a warning prior to the update would have been nice. Just a warning - learn from my mistake - BACKUP EVERYTHING!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been waiting for this update for some time now and I never got it and I got impatient. So I actually manually downloaded the update through a loophole someone found. They posted it in a forum how to do it. I was unsure about at first but it actually worked. The only problem I had with the update was chrome but that was fixed with a reinstall. It didn't even wipe my data or nothing. I finally got it 🙂

Highlighted
Journeyman

I forced update via Google Services Framework.  I was able to retain all my info and setting.

Unfortunately,  this was not the JB I was expecting.   Missing features, several UI tics,  however it seems battery life had improved for me.

Overall, it feels like I ran down to the flea market and picked up a bootleg copy of JB.

Sprint, you never cease to amaze me!

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL!  You just made me feel cheap, used and abused! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Long after the rest of the world gets it right sprint gets wrong. Why couldn't we have just received 4.2 like europe? Im happy with some of the new features but this device can do so much better.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat