LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVB
- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
- Google Now™
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android Beam™ to send photos and more
- QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager
- Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,
including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering
in the graphics pipeline
- User-installable keyboard maps
- Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis
- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
- Improved voice search
- Improved camera app
- Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser
- Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access
- Software version is LS970ZVB
- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated software version number
I haven't receieved the update yet, but I'm almost positive that the OTA update will reset the phone to factory defaults, did it not prompt you to back up from a google account after the install?
Reinstall the Chrome browser -- It looks like the update didn't stick so there are conflicting versions in the program. An uninstall and reupdate will fix the issue. It's a strange bug.
I had the same problem with the Play Store yesterday.
The expandable notifications are alright... Everything is structured like this: BOLD FROM blah blah blah other message blah blah blah
Why could they not just SPLIT MESSAGES? *hint hint*
I did notice the UI is faster... so... there was one improvement
Please fix these bugs.
I almost wish I didn't update yet! Can't believe we're having all these problems. SPRINT YOU NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP! such a good phone and a shame for a stupid update to ruin it.
This update reset my phone to factory default settings. All of my data was lost and I was not able to recover anything. I have updated other phones in the past without any problems, and honestly didn't think twice about it before updating this phone. The only help I received when I called Sprint was the suggestion that I backup everything on the phone before updating - a warning prior to the update would have been nice. Just a warning - learn from my mistake - BACKUP EVERYTHING!
I've been waiting for this update for some time now and I never got it and I got impatient. So I actually manually downloaded the update through a loophole someone found. They posted it in a forum how to do it. I was unsure about at first but it actually worked. The only problem I had with the update was chrome but that was fixed with a reinstall. It didn't even wipe my data or nothing. I finally got it 🙂
I forced update via Google Services Framework. I was able to retain all my info and setting.
Unfortunately, this was not the JB I was expecting. Missing features, several UI tics, however it seems battery life had improved for me.
Overall, it feels like I ran down to the flea market and picked up a bootleg copy of JB.
Sprint, you never cease to amaze me!
Long after the rest of the world gets it right sprint gets wrong. Why couldn't we have just received 4.2 like europe? Im happy with some of the new features but this device can do so much better.