Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Man, I was excited for this update but after reading all the mixed reviews I'm a little skeptical. By chance is anyone here near Pittsburgh and have you received the update if so? Sprint's coverage in Pittsburgh is notoriously bad (no 4G LTE, was sold the LG Optimus G without even being told that to begin with which is a big ripoff tbh..) so I wouldn't be suprised if it takes weeks on end for us to get it, if we do at all. -_-

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I noticed today when I power cycled my phone that I got a message 'Android is upgrading' when it restarted.  This came after yesteray's update and reboot.  So maybe the update doesn't finish on some phones like it should until after a second reboot?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not near you, I'm in Missouri, but I'm not around 4G LTE either. Are you saying people on 3G won't be getting the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nah, I'm sure we'll get it, sprint is just taking forever haha. Just kinda losing faith in them between being conned into getting a 4G LTE phone capable of high speeds and having to use crapy 3G, the crappy customer support, and how long they take to get phones updates out. I mean, for the price in comparison to verizon and at&t and unlimitec data, guess I can't really complain though lol. Would be nice if they atleast tried to care about their customers though, they really need to step their service up.  However, when we do get the update I'd deff reccomend using WiFi to install, as noted on Sprint's crappy 3G it'll take up to 20 minutes supposedly. Really wish I could reach the speeds this phone has the potential for.

Highlighted
Journeyman

hahaha I agree. I understand they want us to be happy with JB, but its hard when theres reviews out there with cool features that we, in America, don't have the option of getting. It's like Europe and some Asian country only lol. I hear it messed up peoples lock screen, chrome browser, camera app, messaging app, etc. Hopefully they fix it quickly. Maybe they purposely sent out a bugged one to force LG and Sprint to send the right one, who knows lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed. Honestly, I'm hoping within the next two days I'll receive it (they stated within 10 days EVERYONE should have it rolled out to them) but honestly as anxious as I am for this update I'd rather them fix the bugs then put it back out rather then end up having a buggy watered down version of JB. I have such high hopes for this update, really hope I'm not as disappointed as I feel like I'm going to be ;/ Come on Sprint, you got thisssss lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL I'm sitting here staring at my phone. I'm constantly wiping it down with a little cloth LOL. OCD at it's best.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Haha I'm the same way. God forbid the day I find a scratch on this thing. I actually have a single (very unnoticable) dead pixel on my screen and am so OCD with my phone I was tempted to replace the whole thing! XD Speaking of OCD, and on topic, when I tried to force the update I literally sat here for an hour just wash rinse and repeating the method lol. Ugh the anticipation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the upgrade the otherday and after playing for a couple days I'm not impressed.  If your hoping for the features shown on utube, forget it.  I see very litte change.  You can't. Resize shortcuts or widgets as far as I see.  No better battery. No better nothing.  Goggle chrome crashed when I tried to open till I uninstalled and reinstalled.  Just the same old phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not enthusiastic from what I'm hearing so far.  Sprints update releases, when involving LG products have been sub-standard in my opinion.  My wife and I had the optimus S before our upgrade to the G in mid February.   The first update that came out to update the S from froyo ruined her phone, my update failed.  Six months later they swore they had the bugs worked out, so I updated mine and, of course, it too was never the same.  Currently our optimus G's have 4.0.4 and a lot of features that the current update to 4.1.2 lists.  What I don't understand is, why bother releasing patched together update of an open source OS?  Release the full 4.2 current jelly bean version.  If this update messes up the current flawless functionality of our devices, it will be the last time I extend our service.  Once! Is too many times! !

EDIT: Listed incorrect current OS.  Had to delete entire reply just to edit because I'm not on a computer!   WTF!  Sprint you got to be kidding me!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not even awaiting the update anymore. I'm now awaiting from Sprint to annouce that their update has bugs and is currently unavailable.

Journeyman

I hear ya...   I had reservations about getting the optimus G because of the problems with the S model update.  In all fairness to Sprint though, I believe the update is mostly put together by the manufacturer.   Not entirely sure though.  Checking other android forums also for results and or complaints of people who have already received the OTA update.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat