cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Wizard

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVB

Enhancements/Fixes

- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean   

- Google Now™

- Expandable, actionable notifications

- Android Beam™ to send photos and more

- QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager

- Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,

including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering

in the graphics pipeline

- User-installable keyboard maps

- Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis

- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens

- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam

- Improved voice search

- Improved camera app

- Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser

- Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access

Important Notes

- Software version is LS970ZVB

- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated software version number

271 REPLIES 271
Highlighted
Journeyman

1.) Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework, including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering in the graphics pipeline

It's smother, but not Project Butter smooth... This isn't quite "up to snuff," as it were.

2.) Improved camera app

No such thing. I still have the same camera as before.

3.) Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser

Not true. The stock browser is still present.

Having said that, what gives?  Why the half-update vs. a real update?

Also, for anyone still waiting to update:

Menu

App Settings

All

Google Services Framework

Disable

Force Stop
Clear Data

Enable

Home

Menu

System Settings

System Updates

Update LG software

* It should say the last update was something like 1969 or something goofy.

Check Now

*poof* should update.

p.s.

Sprint: Good job screwing up what should have been a flagship phone. I don't know if you're stuck on the S3 or waiting for the S4, but honestly this phone is the top of your current line yet it was like it didn't even exist... and all this time for an update. You really need to wake up. You need to make your suppliers offer unlocked bootloaders and up-to-date software.  You'll never compete with the larger companies if you don't.  For your sake, I hope you roll out LTE a lot faster than you are currently and possibly get the FCC to stop pissing around on hooking up with Dish on all that spectrum... You'd be in the top-4 providers if you managed that (Comcast phone/tv/internet, Verizon phone/tv/internet, AT&T phone/tv/internet, Sprint+Dish phone/tv/internet,) but I digress.

I'll be happy if you get your crap together first on your phones tho.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tried this several times and still cant update. I even factory reset then tried and still no luck. Ill be patiently waiting here in texas.... 😞

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have always thought the Optimus G was pretty smooth to begin with, and wasn't so sure project butter could make it any smoother.  It says Androids version of Chrome replaces the stock browser, not that it will be removed.  The browser version I have since the update is 4.1.41104 and the camera version is 3.0.107.  I would like to see if they are different from someone who hasn't updated yet.  Regardless, I like the new browser better than Chrome and made it my default.  I also like the new calculator better.  I guess I am just happy to finally have Google Now.  I do agree that this phone doesn't get enough media attention it deserves.  4.2.2 must be just around the corner right?  Ha....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok. So now we're 11 days into a 10 day roll out. I still can't get the flippin thing and i've tried every permutation of update/killing services/sacrificing chickens. Sprint is completely mute on the subject. and to add insult to injury, i get to work and my two coworkers got JB over the weekend - on an S3 and RAZR. Thanks Sprint. i really feal like a valued customer and am so glad i buy your flagship device every two years and am rewarded with consistant, attentive service and timely updates just like i was with my EVO and my Instinct.

PS Have you noticed how sprint reps stopped replying about this issue? again, Sprint: Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would really like to see an option to set all volumes together. Enabling the side volume button to change notification and call volume at the same time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I usually like the independent volume controls, but I agree it would be nice to have an option to control all volume settings as a group...  I would definitely use it at times.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I HATE having to scroll through settings pages to adjust volumes, a certain % of brightness, wifi connection, and others. Why cant there be widgets for that?! Plus, their task manager widget is sad. They made it to boast their 2GB of RAM, and not customization during use.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Backup your files, save a copy to your PC, then do a factory reset and let it reboot. Then check your software update and it will be sitting there waiting for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am seing so many unhappy customers, i am pretty happy with the update. We have a ton of new features. New weather widget. The keyboard slides to either side to make easier to type with one hand, google now, i like the stalk browser so im glad they didnt replace it. Im not sure why people are unhappy about not loosing an option. Any way i have had no problems with the update. On top of that, customers of at&t dont even have an anouncement of an update yet. Come on guys give sprint a little credit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A Sprint rep told me that the deadline to complete the update has been extended to 3/20.  So if you have not gotten the update, don't bother calling because they will not do anything to help you until after March 20. 

This has been a very poorly managed update.  As a new Sprint customer who recently jumped from TMobile (and regrets the move), it is hard to believe that this is being done is such a poor manner.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Jadam44,

I agree, I am happy with the upgrades.  I am sure forcing the update (I did) has caused some individual problems.  I believe this situation is like any other, where those who are happy move on, and don't take the time to comment on their satisfaction level, whereas those who are still waiting, or have issues seem to be more vocal.  I am definitely not judging, or faulting anyone, I have been on both sides many times.  It is however refreshing to hear from someone who is happy with the update. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone recieved the update in Philadelphia?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat