ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Also, for anyone still waiting to update:

Menu

App Settings

All

Google Services Framework

Disable

Force Stop

Clear Data

Enable

Home

Menu

System Settings

System Updates

Update LG software

* It should say the last update was something like 1969 or something goofy.

Check Now

*poof* should update.

I got these steps from an earlier post and helped me update.... just make sure you follow them exactly or it wont work... i recommend backing up your files just in case but my files were ok after updating

Journeyman

I agree as well. I completely love what the update's done. I'm maxing out at 26 mbps on LTE. The camera app is easier to use. Both Chrome and Browser are more user friendly. The UI is 50% better. It also seems like the screen is using all of it's ppi. Like ICS didn't. I do wish we had the upgraded QSlide feature, but it may be coming soon. I miss my lock screen too but I'm not complaing at all.

Journeyman

cobcwc,

I'm also on Ting, with the Optimus G, and I have not gotten any update notifications.

Did you buy your OG through Ting, or did you bring it over from a Sprint account?  And, did you get an update notification, or did you have it updated out of the box?

Thanks, been awaiting this update, and it seems like there's no sign of it on Ting's side.

Journeyman

I really don't get what's the problem. I forced the update, it only took one time for me to recieve it. It didn't mess up my phone at all! My phone became even faster, smoother, and the battery life is as great as the beginning. I'm really happy with this phone. I had an GS2, and those updates literally killed my phone!

Journeyman

Here from San Marcos again.  I have had no issues since the update.  Everything has been running better than ever.  The battery life has boosted up, the screen animations work even better, 4G LTE network has increased for me here in the San Marcos Area.  I don't see the new q-slide animations for apps that should work with it, missing the status bar menus as they should be for jelly bean.  Over all I am happy with the update and hope the other features come soon!

Journeyman

teh_chem,

I purchased the Optimus G directly from Ting back in December, loaded with 4.0.4 ICS out of the box. I did the Google services framework trick to get mine to update to JB last week. I was concerned that as an MVNO, Ting customers would have to wait longer for updates, but back when the Evo 4G LTE received Jelly Bean, I was able to pull it immediately on my wifes phone the day it was released by Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried the force update by following the steps with Google framework services.   The screen showed the December 1969 date, then began download but when i pressed the reboot and install nothing but a restart occurred.   Now that force update option doesn't work at all.  I did a factory reset and retried it but nothing.  ??? Any suggestions?

Journeyman

I would like a reply from Sprint directly about why updates are still not going through, please.

Journeyman

cobcwc,

Thanks for explaining.  I guess I'm just near the end of the folks that will see the update available on their handset.  Tried the framework services trick, didn't work for me.  Le sigh...

Thanks again!

Journeyman

I spoke to a customer service rep, "Ray B". 

He says that "Sprint Admin" dshoem01 is not a Sprint employee, so his information should not be trusted. The Sprint blog and forum posts are not considered official information from Sprint.  Sprint has made no official announcement of the software update.  The rollout began on 3/14/13.  So all phones should be updated by 3/24/13.  That is "safe to speculate."

Journeyman

My wife got the update on her phone on 3/13 and I'm still waiting on for mine to update. I've done the manual checks for updates but haven't tried more advanced techniques for forcing the updates described in some of the previous posts....yet haha. Hopefully it will push to the rest of us soon.

Journeyman

Let's stir the pot some more.

According to Sprint's own website:

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_Optimus_G/...

We should have Android 4.2.

I wonder if they can see their tonsils from where their head is...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat