cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

<quote>  Also, for anyone still waiting to update:

Menu

App Settings

All

Google Services Framework

Disable

Force Stop

Clear Data

Enable

Home

Menu

System Settings

System Updates

Update LG software

* It should say the last update was something like 1969 or something goofy.

Check Now

*poof* should update.</quote>

I  followed this instruction, but still could not get the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing posted has worked for me, however after an issue i encountered last night, I called Sprint and they gave me instructions that allowed the update to be downloaded.

I was having an issue when checking for firmware update and it would say, 'Authentication failed'. Rebooted, kept appearing.

When I called, they had me enter the code below and it reset some things, rebooted and instantly started downloading the update.

WARNING: I have no idea what is reset, but I will say that nothing on MY phone was changed, deleted, etc.

##72786#

When asked to reset settings and reboot, hit yes.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where exactly did they instruct you to enter that code.  Also I am fairly sure the update is software not firmware.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where did you entered the code?Was it like a text message or soemthing else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

In the phone app like if you were dialing a number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

djpnuemo:  Thanks for the instruction.  However, it did not work for me.  The phone rebooted, but still could not get the update.  I also called Sprint customer support.  The support person seemed to be clueless, telling me that the update comes from LG. 😞

Journeyman

Sorry. Just sharing what worked for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What happens when it does uodate? Do you get the right update and does it works ok, or where there any issues? Does anyone from Salt Lake City has the update already?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got my update a few days ago but did not have time to post until now...

Did nothing special and got the update. I'm in Dallas Texas area. After having issue with Dolphin Browser, Lookout, and battery drain issues I decided to just reset to factory deafults (erase all appas and data) and install my apps overa again. This was not a big deal for, it was good to do some spring cleaning. After the reset everthing has been working great and no more battery issues. Note: SInce I updated the phone to Jelly Bean before the reset the phone still had Jelly Bean after the reset so no issues there either.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@mm90s  my phone is just one day old and the battery drains quit fast. So after the update to Jelly Bean it does not dran so fast anymore? How long does your battery last on a typical day if i may ask? I loike my LG a lot, better then Smasung excpet for the battery.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the update to 4.1.2, I have a problem with Chrome. It opens but crashes instantly. I cannot use it at all. Not a huge loss but just buggy. There is still the second browser in the system as well even though the release notes say it should be removed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you put two hash tags in front instead of one? I will try it tonight, because i am at work right now. Hope it works for me.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat