cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Ok i am home and did the code but nothing happened. A bit dissapointed because i bought my phone yesterday and according to the Sprint web site it should have android 4.1 already. I just keep waiting i guess..

Journeyman

Was waiting myself and tried this prior post and Presto:

Also, for anyone still waiting to update:

Menu

App Settings

All

Google Services Framework

Disable

Force Stop

Clear Data

Enable

Home

Menu

System Settings

System Updates

Update LG software

* It should say the last update was something like 1969 or something goofy.

Check Now

*poof* should update.

I got these steps from an earlier post and helped me update.... just make sure you follow them exactly or it wont work... i recommend backing up your files just in case but my files were ok after updating

Journeyman

I get through an entire day easily with the LG Optimus G.  I typically unplug it at 9am when it's 100% full.  It's currently almost 11 pm and I still have 39% charge.  That's with a little web browsing, a few phone calls of 15 - 20 minutes each, and WiFi off all day (because I wasn't in range on one).

On a very busy day of use, I'll typically get home at 7 pm with 22% charge or so.

Journeyman

You need to update your chrome browser. just re-install it.

Journeyman

@BRI5549:

The Camera app version on my not-yet-jellybeaned Optimus G is 3.0.053.  

Stock Browser is v4.1.40401 on my phone.

Journeyman

Holyyyyyy shit. Can you believe that? I KNEWWWW they guy from Sprint was right when he told me "No no your getting 4.2, 4.1.2 is stage 1. Get everyone on JB. The RIGHT update has the features that we're all dying for (QSlide, notification bar, others.) Just gotta wait til the majority of people have 4.1.2 before they release stage 2 which is 4.2.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no update in Tampa. I've tried the workaround also and nothing. What gives Sprint?

Journeyman

What do you mean that this is stage 1? Whats going on? Who told you that.

Journeyman

Yeah, are you saying that 4.1.2 is just an initial step to 4.2, and when is that supposed to take place?

Journeyman

I really hope so. 4.2 would be pretty awesome to have. We'd be one step behind the nexus 4 by Google/LG

Journeyman

No update in Carroll Co.,MD.

Journeyman

@zivojan in reply to your questions about my battery life... First I have to state what I have setup to save paower: 1) Power saver is turned on and set to trigger at 30% 2) Quad core control is turned on 3) Using BatteryGuru with deafult settings 4) display is set to deafult to 53%, and at night set to the lowest possible setting manually 5) most apps have notifications turned off. 6) The only widget I use isthe built in calndar (I just added Google Now today.) 7) I have all roaming turned off.

All that said I had a great day yesterday and ran on battery for 11 hours, I fell asleep while listeing to a 1 hr podcast and the phone still had 15% battery in the morning. This moring I wathed a few short YouTube videos and then plugged in my phone to charge (I work from home.) I got 25hrs on battery alone with about 8 hrs of that with me sleeping. This amount of battery life is not typical. We'll see how I do today... I also have to mention that signal strength and reliablity are a huge factor. Before the update I coule expect to get about 11-12 hrs of use before having to charge again. On a really busy day with 3 or more hours of phone calls I could still expect about 8 hrs before a charge.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat