cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

I am in the Miami area, I reset the phone and all that fun stuff, and still no update.  Basically, Sprint screwed up, and I give up.  You pissed me off Sprint, and now, regardless of what my wife says, I am leaving!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol its funny when people get all bent out of shape and threaten to leave a carrier over something like a delay on an update that adds a few features that you'll basically finish playing around with in 10 minutes. Get over it people, we're all waiting here. If you're gonna do that, you're gonna end up spending a fortune hopping from carrier to carrier, because all of them will give you reasons to want to leave. All of them, even if it takes awhile

Highlighted
Journeyman

GRAYCLOWN1 wrote:

Holyyyyyy ****. Can you believe that? I KNEWWWW they guy from Sprint was right when he told me "No no your getting 4.2, 4.1.2 is stage 1. Get everyone on JB. The RIGHT update has the features that we're all dying for (QSlide, notification bar, others.) Just gotta wait til the majority of people have 4.1.2 before they release stage 2 which is 4.2.

What makes you think 4.1.2 was just a temporary step before we get 4.2?  I'm going to go on record right now and say this isn't happening.  It's highly unlikely that they would release two different versions of jelly bean for a phone unless there were some major issues happening which I don't believe is the case.  Even if they did decide to do that it would be months away from happening. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

reporting from St. Louis my phone got the update overnight last night...woke up with the "system update ready to install" notification

looks like they fixed some of the quirks the update had at the beginning (carrier is not "chamaleon" anymore...)

hold on guys it's coming your way...

edit: I highly recommend a full wipe after the OTA for everything to work smoothly...my experience with OTA's is that they deliver the goods but screw some things up in the process...give it a shot

Highlighted
Journeyman

just got off chat and phone with sprint and asked about the 4.2 update that shows on the support page for checking software and she stated that 4.2 is right and that there hasnt been a confirmed date for the release but did confirm that the 4.2 is the update coming to lg optimus g. the rep name is Nora S. also i been experiencing random resetting and service and wifi lose since the 4.1.2 update. hope they fix the bug soon.

Sprint Product Ambassador

An update has been submitted to update our LG Optimus G Support page to reflect Android 4.1, which is the correct Android version for this update. I apologize for any confusion the Android version on our Support page may have caused.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The 4.2 was a typo. We are NOT getting 4.2. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it in NYC last night. Seems to work well but haven't had a chance to really put it through the paces yet.

Highlighted

Hi from the Support site. We've updated the typo -- sorry about that.

RLCOLLECTOR68 wrote:

An update has been submitted to update our LG Optimus G Support page to reflect Android 4.1, which is the correct Android version for this update. I apologize for any confusion the Android version on our Support page may have caused.

Highlighted
Journeyman

at least you corrected the type Justin.

when i called tech support to get my phone "revived" the person at the other end insisted (he was reading the press release, he said) the version coming out was 4.2

anyway, how much longer do i have to wait? if memory serves, he said no later than 10 days from march 11? or was it march 15?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This below also worke for me - Pittsburgh PA

Was waiting myself and tried this prior post and Presto:

Also, for anyone still waiting to update:

Menu

App Settings

All

Google Services Framework

Disable

Force Stop

Clear Data

Enable

Home

Menu

System Settings

System Updates

Update LG software

* It should say the last update was something like 1969 or something goofy.

Check Now

*poof* should update.

Highlighted

@pnoybalut I'm not seeing a press release in the Newsroom; the only announcement I see is this community post which states 4.1.2.

The rollouts are done in stages. I've personally had luck with the method brywantruxell outlined here but on my GS3. YMMV.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat