cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

@justin.kramp I asked the sprint employee at the other end of the line - someone from tech support - if he was sure it was 4.2, and not 4.1.2 (the other sprint employee, the one who killed my data connection when he pushed the 4.1.2 upgrade told me i should have received the OTA update by then) or 4.1.1

the tech support guy say "i'm reading right from the press release" we have the 4.2. you'll go straight to 4.2 (my smile was from ear to ear)...we don't have 4.1.2 ----- this is what the tech guy confidently told me.

he then told me that sprint was rolling out the upgrade over a 10-day period, beginning on 3/11...i'm sure he was certain of that statement, just like he was certain of the 4.2 upgrade

i don't know why i put up with sprint.  i really don't know

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried the steps bryantruxell outlined in http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/556837#556837 but no luck....then i saw someone else say clear the cache....so i followed the first step, but about halfway through i also cleared the cache....voila, 474.8MB to ZVB started downloading...except for info in weather widget, everything seems to have been retained.

Journeyman

I tried the steps bryantruxell outlined in http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/556837#556837 but no luck....then i saw someone else say clear the cache....so i followed the first step, but about halfway through i also cleared the cache....voila, 474.8MB to ZVB started downloading...except for info in weather widget, everything seems to have been retained.

i have pre- and post-upgrade pics

woohoooo

thanks for the 2 members who showed me the way....no thanks to sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

GOT IT 4.1.2 Last night.pluged it in,hit ok little green machine went to work.NO PROBLEMS at all.If you let it come naturally no problems.Happy with upgrade .Thanks Sprint & LG. Lets hope when 5.0 key lime pie comes out we can get that.Optimus G great phone if any one is looking to get one.In MD. by the way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally got it last night.  Install went great didn't lose anything.  Phone runs faster and Google Now is awesome.  The only thing that sticks out is on the lock screen it says chameleon where it used to say Sprint.  Don't know what that's all about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did anyone's lock screen change after the update. Does it shut off in a blank way instead of closing in a circular motion like a shutter motion when we first got the phone? I want to change it back to the shutter motion. Can anyone help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just want to take a moment to update. Finally woke up. this morning to find the Jellybean update. Granted, I'm Still on day one but so far I'm loving it. Obviously one huge plus is the GoogleNow feature. Very cool new feature. Something I did not find out about was a handwriting input. When you pull up your keyboard, you nit the button to the left of the Space bar. So What do I do? Go buy a Stylus for this New feature. And I love it. Actually using it to write this.

As far as the issues i have is thefact the benchmark runs a little low now. But not by much. The Chrome problem a few were having, fixed by simply uninstall updates and reinstall the Chrome updates

NO Other issues, so far so good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

anyone else having volume control issues? It was working before but now I want to watch a video the volume control buttons move up A's down and show on the screen lowering and highering but the actual volume won't work????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally got my update last night.  It was waiting for me when my alarm went off this morning.  No issues, no wipes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much for the suggestion on Chrome. My chrome was crashing since I updated to jelly bean this morning, but with your suggestion about uninstalling then reinstalling updates for Chrome, smooth sailing and no more crashes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it a few days ago...works great.  No complaints.  Everything shown in the LG video is present except the new display brightness slider in the notifications tray (which I thought looked like clutter anyway) and the additional apps that work with Qslide. 

Faster, better, smoother all around.  Google Now works fine.  No issues with Chrome or anything else.  I suspect a lot of the people having the Chrome crashing issue were people who used the forced "Google Framework Services" reset to grab the update in advance of it being pushed to their phone.

Go Sprint and GO LG!  Nice update....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nope. No forcing it here. The update came all its own. But every time i tried to open my chrome it would just push it off. So i did the reinstalling updates since thats what i do every time something like that happens (generally its the facebook app and thank god thats only happened with my old phones. Please dont assume, seeing as how we all knows what happens when you do so 🙂

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat