LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVB
- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
- Google Now™
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android Beam™ to send photos and more
- QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager
- Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,
including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering
in the graphics pipeline
- User-installable keyboard maps
- Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis
- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
- Improved voice search
- Improved camera app
- Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser
- Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access
- Software version is LS970ZVB
- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated software version number
Not sure if I've seen any posts claiming the dew drop effect was gone. Actually the animation
when locking the screen is different and the image of the lock, in the center is also gone. I have attached some images.
One image is from my wife's phone and is still ICS. Second image is my phone after JB update 4.1.2.
I would like to know how to make my Google Now to work. I went into widgets and saw the Google now widget and moved it to my home screen. It said have to install app first. Cut some reason it is now gone and I don't know how to make it work. If any one can help me I would appreciate it.. Thank you..
since the update I'm having problems with any third party sms apps sending duplicate text messages out. I've tried three and it happens on all off them. I don't use the stock app because the pop up doesn't recognize the text from iPhone users and that's what most people I text have. I've tried all different kinds of settings and I can't make it stop. any suggestions other than just using the stock app? anyone else have this problem?
Since the update, my setting for "ringtone with vibration" doesn't seem to work. Seems like even if I toggle it ON or OFF, it still vibrates when I get a call or notification. I would like to turn it off. Anybody else have the same issue?
Haven't skimmed this long thread all the way through yet, but im having issues with sending texts in the default texting app. about 50% or more of texts fail, kick out a "message not sent" error and have to be resent once, sometimes twice, more to get through.
it started right about the time the update went in on my phone. wife has a iphone 5 and is not experiencing the issue, so it doesnt appear to be a coverage issue.
anyone else experiencing this?
For all the people who have been getting pissed at your LG Optimus G texting and getting " message not sent"
HERE IS THE ONLY SOLUTION UNTIL ANDROID COMES OUT WITH NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR THIS PHONE.
WHEN TYPING A TEXT MESSAGE: YOUR TEXTS HAVE TO INCLUDE A MINIMUM OF 12 CHARACTERS.
if you look through your texts you will see I have hit it on head 100%!
if you want to text a simple work like OK
you must text it like this....
type your word or words if less than ten characters then hit the space bar and place a period ( OR ANY THING) at the end and surprise.... it goes through!!
you will get used to it and at least all your texts will now go through, and for a change has nothing to do with sprint! what a surprise.. way to go LG!