cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Batmanx35,

Not sure if I've seen any posts claiming the dew drop effect was gone.   Actually the animation

when locking the screen is different and the image of the lock, in the center is also gone.  I have attached some images. 

One image is from my wife's phone and is still ICS.  Second image is my phone after JB update 4.1.2.

Journeyman

Here are videos of the lock animation differences after the OTA to jelly bean.

Once again first one is from a stock ICS optimus G.  Second after OTA update to JB.

Journeyman

I would like to know how to make my Google Now to work.  I went into widgets and saw the Google now widget and moved it to my home screen. It said have to install app first. Cut some reason it is now gone and I don't know how to make it work. If any one can help me I would appreciate it.. Thank you..

Journeyman

Should be able to access by simply holding down the menu button on lg for a sec!

Have you tried that?

Journeyman

Thank you very much for your help. It's now working as it should. I tried for the last two days to no avail to find information. Again thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No problem at all..

Have fun!

SG

Journeyman

since  the update I'm having problems  with any third party  sms apps  sending  duplicate  text messages  out.  I've tried three  and it happens on all off them. I  don't use the stock app  because  the pop up  doesn't recognize  the text  from  iPhone users and that's what  most people I  text have.   I've tried all different kinds of settings  and I  can't make it stop.  any suggestions other than  just using the  stock  app?  anyone else have this problem?

Journeyman

Since the Jelly been update when i recieve a .gif through SMS/MMS it is converted to a .jpeg file. HAs anyone else experienced this?

Journeyman

Since the update, my setting for "ringtone with vibration" doesn't seem to work.  Seems like even if I toggle it ON or OFF, it still vibrates when I get a call or notification.  I would like to turn it off.  Anybody else have the same issue?

Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem. Have you figured out a solution yet?

Journeyman

Haven't skimmed this long thread all the way through yet, but im having issues with sending texts in the default texting app.  about 50% or more of texts fail, kick out a "message not sent" error and have to be resent once, sometimes twice, more to get through.

it started right about the time the update went in on my phone.  wife has a iphone 5 and is not experiencing the issue, so it doesnt appear to be a coverage issue.

anyone else experiencing this?

Journeyman

For all the people who have been getting pissed at your LG Optimus G texting and getting " message not sent"

HERE IS THE ONLY SOLUTION UNTIL ANDROID COMES OUT WITH NEW SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR THIS PHONE.

WHEN TYPING A TEXT MESSAGE: YOUR TEXTS HAVE TO INCLUDE A MINIMUM OF 12 CHARACTERS.

if you look through your texts you will see I have hit it on head 100%!

if you want to text a simple work like OK

you must text it like this....

ok.        .    

type your word or words if less than ten characters then hit the space bar and place a period ( OR ANY THING) at the end and surprise.... it goes through!!

you will get used to it and at least all your texts will now go through, and for a change has nothing to do with sprint! what a surprise.. way to go LG!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat