LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVB
- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
- Google Now™
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android Beam™ to send photos and more
- QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager
- Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,
including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering
in the graphics pipeline
- User-installable keyboard maps
- Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis
- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
- Improved voice search
- Improved camera app
- Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser
- Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access
- Software version is LS970ZVB
- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated software version number
I'm glad your solution works for you, but I have the same (Sprint) phone and software version and lots of texts that are less than 12 characters. I've never had any texting problems. I use the native Android messaging app and Swiftkey.
Thanks for advice I changed my keyboard and nope. I text "hi" and sent failed. So I type "hi. . . " and went through right away... Mmmm.... Anything else I'm ready to toss the phone in trash!!
I called Sprint about this issue. They called me back on a landline and walked me through the following:
From the dial pad, dial ##SCRTN# (or ##72786#)--> hit ok and let the phone go through its motions and eventually restart
Shortly after the phone restarts, it goes through a 'hands-free' activation and PRL upgrade, then restarts again
After the 2nd restart, it does a couple more automatic update checks. When those were done, I tried a few two-character texts....seems to be working fine for now.
You might give that a shot before taking a sledge hammer to the phone
I believe we will see a major update from sprint and LG. Most likely the best update we will get is 4.2.2 . since 4.3 hasn't been out too long . But rumor is update will roll out in october. with 4.2.2 . Hopefully this resolve some minor issues that are happen right now like low signal unless your within 100 yds too a tower and roaming alot within sprint network. and the launcher just sucks . needs too be a google stock launcher and remove browser and leave google chrome. thats just a few of my issues with the phone
I see LG has posted an updated to our device bringing it to "ZVC". Any idea of when we'll see the update, if ever, Sprint?
Here's what I'm referring to OpenSource Code Distribution