Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Is Sprint even aware of the issue with the update, has anyone made it known to them?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with both you guys. Yes I've told them on Twitter and they respond back it could be phone issues, but not EVERYONE is having phone issues. Like 95% of people who I've seen downloaded this update, have seen significant downgrades to their phone. Why cant life just be easy? lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just realized somethin. The GS4 was announced a day before our update was released. Maybe they made a last minute decision to pull out the 4.2.1 for us? Who knowwwssss.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still waiting her in San Marcos, TX.  Seen a post that it was in Austin, thinking that we might be next?!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update Prl and profile. Go to app settings and force stop and clear google services framework. And scroll down and also clear "update device". Restart phone and go straight to update LG software in system updates. I know this works because I did it to mine and my girls. I bought both of our phones the same day and after I did it to mine hers was still saying no update available and then I tried it on hers and it worked. Try it a few times and let me know if it helped.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Tried and no luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still nothing.  I have tried several steps with nothing new.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here, I've sat back and watched people complain at it until my eyes are sore. I still want it, just a fixed version.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why Sprint doesn't just make it available for download as a manual update is beyond comprehension. It's just retarded...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm getting pretty annoyed.  I ordered my phone the day they were available.  I've tried all the "tricks" recommended here.  I've checked for updates a dozen times a day.  I'm in Austin, TX (and someone else here in Austin confirmed receipt of the update), and yet I can't get it.

It seems like if they're pushing in waves, they should prioritize the people who are manually searching, because they are the ones who want it faster! 

Well, 2 more days (theoretically--not holding my breath).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lol I actually contacted sprint about this today and instead of the 17th/18th they're now saying it'll be rolled out to everyone by the 20th. Seems like nobody working for sprint knows whats going on...oh the inconsistencies

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm glad you contacted them. They wont respond on Twitter other than trying the tricks LOL

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat