LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVB
- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean
- Google Now™
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android Beam™ to send photos and more
- QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager
- Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,
including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering
in the graphics pipeline
- User-installable keyboard maps
- Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis
- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
- Improved voice search
- Improved camera app
- Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser
- Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access
- Software version is LS970ZVB
- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions
Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated software version number
Day 5: Asked @Sprint on Twitter where the hell it's at, they keep refering me to their newsroom site, which doesn't have ANY article's on phones, only cell towers and LTE progress. They went as far to even say I strongly suggest you check in frequently with http://newsroom.sprint.com for any updates. Very poorly organized.
If it is any consolation to anyone (like it was to me) -- The official release date of the update was on 3/11/2013 per discussion with Customer Service. I have no idea why they didn't put that in their announcement...
This is odd... anyone notice that the software version in the original post was updated to "...ZVB" and that the software update page chnaged with a new Mar 11 relaese date and states Jelly Bean 4.2?
Might be a typo but my point was that the page actually showed a different date (3/7) and a different Jelly Bean version (4.1.2) before 3/11... anyway I hope we get the update soon 🙂
I'm pretty certain that we aren't getting version 4.2 although that would be a nice surprise if it happened. But I just don't see any scenario where they could decide to pull 4.1.2 and replace it with 4.2 in just a matter of a few days or even a few weeks.