cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Highlighted
Wizard

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVB

Enhancements/Fixes

- Android 4.1.2 Jellybean   

- Google Now™

- Expandable, actionable notifications

- Android Beam™ to send photos and more

- QuickTranslator application downloadable from the Application Manager

- Smoother user interface. Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework,

including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh; and triple buffering

in the graphics pipeline

- User-installable keyboard maps

- Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis

- Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens

- Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam

- Improved voice search

- Improved camera app

- Android mobile version of Google Chrome replaces stock Android browser

- Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the app drawer without requiring root access

Important Notes

- Software version is LS970ZVB

- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - updated software version number

271 REPLIES 271
Highlighted
Journeyman

which forum? Can you post a link?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The same with me too. No one got the goodies that we were told we were going to get. The battery life has definitely improved for me as well. My phone does not heat up a lot anymore. The android os ics, i think, was the reason why the phone battery drained so quickly. Not only that but the quadcore as well. But the temperature is staying stable. I'll thank sprint for that at the least. But i am not really satisfying.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Update after 24 hours on JB -

1) Lock screen owner info a little flaky.

2) Chrome did not work initially.  I uninstalled, and then reinstalled and now it works.

3) Battery life almost doubled, OS before on ICS using 65% of battery, now 20% with no behavior changes.

4) smoother UI

5) Better look/visual Appeal

6) less heat

7) much improved signal performance (much more 4G coverage, less 3G with more bars for both)

😎 Play store works, upon completion of update it had updates to do and once done all was good.

9) No difference in WiFi performance

I am in a full 4g area.  My update procedure was plugged in phone, backed up, ran update, once it was available some settings changed but I did not lose any data or info so backup proved to not be necessary in my case.  Overall a great update, with some bugs to iron out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I actually came upon it yesterday on the sprint community and did what it said. Then I went back on in a couple hours to find it and it said they were doing some repairs, so I think they took it down. I can tell you how. It was easy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's funny how every time there's an update the claims of better reception and better battery life start coming in.  I haven't seen any difference in battery life or 4G signal.  Never had any complaints about battery life on this phone.  Also my phone has never heated up before or after the update.  The update did not fix my issue with the stock text messaging app force closing two or three times a day either liked I had hoped.  I'll agree it does work a bit smoother now with less lag.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You might be right. @SprintCare keeps telling me, even in the past hour, it gets rolled out in waves, just hang tight. I think its too bugged and they took it down. We'll just have to wait and see.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is anyone still getting the update? I'm in Reno, NV and haven't gotten it yet.   Could they have pulled it due to all the problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

In Baltimore, MD. No update here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe. I wouldn't doubt it. Sprint needs to get it together. Unhappy customers they've got.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Update reached Sacramento, California. Phones crash and erase personal files.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've got the update in Austin, TX. So far I've found it works great and everything works well except for Chrome. Whenever I try to open it, it automatically crashes. Does everybody have this problem and if so, do you know a fix?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes. I had to factory reset mine. A friend mine's crashed and shut off for and then it turned back on.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat