cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Given that Android OS upgrades on some phones sometimes introduce bugs, and that the upgrade process sometimes runs into problem, I'd personally rather wait a few days and let a few hundred thousand OTHER people be the guinea pigs.

This is the first LG smartphone I've owned, but I've had two HTC phones previous to this, and each time the Android updates introduced more problems and lag than they solved. 

So yes, personally, I'm happy to wait and see how the upgrade works on other people's phones first.

Journeyman

thers no major bugs with the update. if you are that worried about it dont upgrade. otherwise look on xda for posts on there. but as slow as the OTA is rolling out you have time to watch. my wife and i both have the G. hers still hasnt got the OTA. ive been running its since it popped up and have had no problems

Journeyman

Still waiting here.  Has anyone actually received the update OTA today or yesterday? Doesn"t look like anything is being sent out.

Journeyman

The update is as elusive as LTE is in my area

Way to go Sprint

Oh, don't bother offering a way to download the update manually, we're probably not interested

Journeyman

Yeah I have to agree.  I think the system they have now is silly.  Making some people wait two weeks longer than others to get the update??  Not very fair at all.  I think they can come up with something better.  Figure out a way to release it to everyone at the same time.  Beef up the servers or whatever they have to do.  Seems like the process gets worse every time.  It used to just be that everyone would get the update within a 3 day period.  Now it appears to be up to 10-14 days.  What next?  30 days?

Journeyman

Still no update here in Florida

Journeyman

Well, still no mention here, or on other forums, of anyone receiving the update other than the few early reports that seemed to be a leak of some sort.  Honestly, 2-3 days into a roll-out we should be seeing people in the various forums either applauding or demonizing the new software...  At any rate, I clicked on the link to the "blog" which basically presents what was in the OP, along with how to checkl for the update, and then provides a link back to this thread.

Based on what I am seeing, or actually not seeing, the first few rounds of the update must be explicitly targeted to people that don't participate in foruims... and possibly don't even care about Android versions.  It would seem like they would provide a method for those that ARE interested to get themselves to the head of the line, or at least prioritized.

Oh well, the "blog" says we will all have it within 10 days, so we can really raise a stink when things fail to materialize in that timeframe.  Not that I would expect anyone to listen.

Journeyman

Still waitin as of 5PM.

Journeyman

So here we are 5 days into a 10 day roll-out and I have still seen no mention of anyone receiving the update other than the initial leak before the announcement.  It would sure seem like there would be someone involved in one of the four forums I read regularly that would have received it by now.

How about keeping customers informed Sprint?

It would be more professional to announce a delay than to remain silent as your paying customers are left wondering...  I pay over $200 monthly for a family plan, part of what I expect for my money is information from a professional organization... and I shouldn't have to make a phone call to get a scripted answer.

Journeyman

Very frustrated as well.  It would be nice if Sprint, or one of its representatives that work with Sprint, to post something in regards to the delay in this update. A simple response to this forum may alleviate much of our frustrations. I spoke with Sprint representatives in the brick and mortar company owned store here in Tampa on Dale Mabry, and they were just as mute as to any reason why this update has not been pushed out as this forum as they were not given any information either. Wishing simply to have a reasonable explanation as to what is going on as i have not heard of anyone getting the OTA update. I was THE FIRST person to purchase this cell at the company store upon its release and obviously us early adopters have been given NO firmware updates either in their supposed rollout. Maybe their waiting for Key Lime Pie, which I forsee never getting even if LG does push it out in Korea down the road. Another way Sprint will most likely disappoint down the road and the last time I'd purchase any cell except a nexus that doesn't rely on the carrier for updates. Still hoping not to be disappointed, but come on now, give us some info on 4.1.2 already Sprint or at least send some info to your caring reps in the store so they can at least sound professional.

Journeyman

Still nothing in Vegas. We might have LTE up and running before this update ever hits. Probably should have went with the Galaxy S III or the Note 2.

Journeyman

Shenanigans - shell games - smoke and mirrors

Where's the transparency that was promised..oops wrong oppressive democracy

By my count sprint has 4 days left to produce

My guess..the time frame for the rollout will be extended

I have literally been "on the hook" since the leak on Feb 26th

Ooh the humanity

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat