cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Journeyman

Re: 3/7 - LG Optimus G Software Update - Jellybean Android 4.1.2 (LS970ZVB)

Day 5: Asked @Sprint on Twitter where the hell it's at, they keep refering me to their newsroom site, which doesn't have ANY article's on phones, only cell towers and LTE progress. They went as far to even say I strongly suggest you check in frequently with for any updates. Very poorly organized.

Journeyman

Still no update in the upstate of SC.... Hurry up and wait...

Journeyman

If it is any consolation to anyone (like it was to me) -- The official release date of the update was on 3/11/2013 per discussion with Customer Service.  I have no idea why they didn't put that in their announcement...

Journeyman

This is odd... anyone notice that the software version in the original post was updated to "...ZVB" and that the software update page chnaged with a new Mar 11 relaese date and states Jelly Bean 4.2?

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_Optimus_G/...Smiley Very Happy

Untitled-2.jpg

Journeyman

Pretty sure it's a typo.  They meant to write 4.1.2

Journeyman

It also says "zva" instead of "zvb" too though. Both typos?

Journeyman

Might be a typo but my point was that the page actually showed a different date (3/7) and a different Jelly Bean version (4.1.2) before 3/11... anyway I hope we get the update soon :-)

Journeyman

I'm pretty certain that we aren't getting version 4.2 although that would be a nice surprise if it happened.  But I just don't see any scenario where they could decide to pull 4.1.2 and replace it with 4.2 in just a matter of a few days or even a few weeks.

Journeyman

Would 4.2 be that far of a stretch?

I always hear about the similarities between the OG and the Nexus 4, which is reported to run 4.2

Journeyman

I doubt they do that. I just want my Jelly Bean!

Journeyman

Still no update (in the Washington DC) area.  I know Sprint stated 10 days, but has anyone received their OTA update in the DC area yet?

Journeyman

The question isn't whether anyone in the DC area received the OTA, it's whether or not ANYONE has received the OTA. Currently, it doesn't appear that anyone has.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat