- SMS with under 20 characters not sent on Access channel

- Duplicate calendar event acceptance

Important Notes

- Software version is LS970ZVC

- Refer to the LG Optimus G Software Update blog for install instructions

54 REPLIES 54
Journeyman

Re: 9/16 - LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVC

It's about time they fix the texting issue (although I believe it only affected messages under 10 characters).  Nonetheless,  it was getting to be a real pain when you had to remember to add a bunch of spaces to make messages 10 characters or more.

Journeyman

So I read on another forum that this update is supposed to fix a network and or wifi connectivity issue but here there's no mention of that here.  I hate conflicting information.

Journeyman

When are they going to add Google Wallet?

Journeyman

When am I gonna see a fix for the streaming video that makes the screen go black but still plays the audio?

Journeyman

Got the OTA update early this morning.  Not mentioned in the update blog and removed in the ZVB update but returning with the ZVC update is Dolby Mobile in the stock music player. Cool!

Journeyman

if you're talking about that happening with chrome, just uninstall updates and keep it at default. streaming videos will work then.

Journeyman

I lost the ability to get a 4G connection after I got this update.  Weird thing is, immediately when the phone rebooted after the install, 4G showed on my phone.  But after that one time (minutes later), 4G went away, and my phone has only been able to get a 3G connection.  The odd thing is that the 3G connection will drop out--as if my phone is re-establishing a 4G connection (I have excellent 4G signal where I am)--but then it sits idle with no connection, then goes back to 3G.  LTE/CDMA is selected as my network preference (vs. CDMA only).

Here's the weird thing; I did an "update profile" operation, and the phone sat on the dialog screen for the operation, and then suddenly rebooted mid-operation (this should not happen).  After the reboot, I had awful connectivity issues with just 3G; the 3G icon would be showing, but there was clearly not data going into/out of my phone.

I let my phone sit for an hour or so and toggled data once more, and magically got 4G back.  Seems to have been working fine since then (though I'm cautiously optimistic).

Otherwise, I didn't notice any of the bugs prior to this update that it supposedly fixed.  All I noticed after the update was some more Sprint junkware has shown up on my phone.  Thanks for nothing!

Journeyman

I try repeatedly to install this update. I got into system settings, check for updates. It says it's all current. Then, out of the blue, a pop-up screen says an update is available. It re-starts the phone. The android pops up with the little blue stuff in his stomach. Then, it gets to about 20% and Andy falls down dead with a red exclamation point. I tried re-booting by holding Volume + and power button. Goes into the setup and does the same thing. I tried 20 times. Update does NOT install. Finally gave up and let it boot the way it was. Found that there is a custom rom that installs 4.3 jelly bean, but I'm afraid to do anything that severe. I'm afraid I'll wind up bricking it and not being able to to go back to factory settings.

I did manage to root it, though.

Any thoughts???

http://www.androidrooting.com/android-4-3-jb-cm10-2-custom-rom-for-lg-optimus-g-sprint-version/

Journeyman

Update:  I thought my issues were resolved, but alas, they are not.  A few days later, and I am getting HORRIBLE data connectivity issues.  4G is gone again, and now even when 3G is showing, my phone is not able to transmit or receive any data.

This is beyond frustrating. My phone was working perfectly before this ZVC update, but now I have no cell data functionality at all.  Profile and PRL updates are not working.

Journeyman

Ever since the update my messaging app bugs out sometimes. It either force closes or freezes. The data connectivity is amazing now. I can finally use 3G when I'm out and about. I'm actually using it now. The WiFi connectivity is better. Yeah, basically the only issue I'm having is the messaging. Other than that everything else is good.

Journeyman

Too funny, I am having the exact opposite experience.  Never had a problem with data connectivity before this update (3G and 4G) at my work area, but now it's terribad.  However, I learned it's only localized to my work location--at home (and other normal areas), I can get 3G and 4G just as well as before.  I wonder if Sprint has a bad/misconfigured PRL or network config for this particular geographical area.  Don't know why it's correlated to the handset update though. One thing is for sure, getting data signal at my work location is awful.  Wish I could revert to a week ago...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat