cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9/16 - LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVC

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 9/16 - LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVC

Any update on the release of 4.2.2 for LG Optimus G?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Back button not working on LG Optimus G. Android 4.1.2, LS970ZVC. Seems to have occurred after this update.  But some apps have updated recently too. Anybody else?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes my home button does not work anymore!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine has gotten really laggy and sometimes the neither the back button nor the home button will work. Occasionally, too, the screen will go blank when a call comes in and I can't answer or the screen goes blank on the call and I can't hang up

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got this phone about a week ago and i started out having the q slide function now all of a sudden i dont have it! It did do an update recently and this zvc is what it says i have. What happened and how do i get it back! I used that function very frequently after getting it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The screen goes blank when it senses your face, so you do not accidentally dial things while on the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

which would be great if my face were near it. Half the time though its before I answer it and the other half it's when I'm trying to hang up.... so not near my face.

Journeyman

So...I guess Sprint has abandoned updates for the LG Optimus G then?  That's supremely disappointing given the relatively young age and the hardware capabilities of the device; and that even up through 4.1.2, the OG never got features promised in the original release notes (Qslide, etc...)

I guess this is a good argument for Nexus/Google Play Edition devices in the future--because the manufacturers and carriers have so little regard for their customers and already-sold devices.

Highlighted
Master

GuyDouche

Thanks for the post, generally we work with manufacturers to test and release the latest software through our network. Before software updates are released, we need to get the actual software from the manufacturer. If any updates are available for this handset we always announce them through the respective community forum.

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well get moving on updating your devices.  AT&T is putting the Galaxy S3 on KitKat....come on Sprint, get the Optimus G set up for KitKat

Highlighted
Master

gaurand,

No word, yet but hopefully soon. Check www.sprint.com/newsroom for any updates.

Thank you,
*Paida.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Now Verizon is updating Galaxy 3 to KitKat

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat