cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9/16 - LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVC

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 9/16 - LG Optimus G Software Update - LS970ZVC

If there were an update to release then Sprint would mention it, just like they have for every update so far. Hell I still have my old HTC EVO 4G and it still got security patches through Sprint from HTC long after it was obsolete (makes a decent podcatcher though). If there was a patch from LG for North America and all the other carriers had released it to their customers then I would blame Sprint, but from thats not the case.  Sprint doesn't set LGs priorities, and being one of the smaller carriers are probably not LGs top concern. And no customer care rep is going to be able to call LG and ask, let alone demand an update.

Of course that assumes Sprint or LG even cares, they don't make money by keeping older phones updated, they make money from you buying new ones, that's why groups like CyanogenMod exist. Two years is forever in the phone world, there are soon to be three newer major releases of Android, and the G4 is probably due early next year. You have the equivalent of a five year old car and are asking if they're going to give it the same features as the new model, for free.

I like my OG, but I am unlikely to ever buy another due to their poor update policy, but again that's what rooting is for. I'm typing this on an HP Touchpad running a custom build of 4.4.4. Sure its buggy but I'd still be running WebOS if all I did was wait and complain about Walmart not telling me if HP ever plans to update it.

Highlighted
Master

Desoto61 - Thank you for your post. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with tonight. We are here to help. - Katie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, we can safely assume neither Sprint nor LG cares about customers who spend large amounts of money with them and are stuck in 2yr agreements with lousy network service and purchased phones that are only supported for 1 year (at best).  That's too many strikes against both to think about continuing to spend money with either company.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue with the back button not working.  I have in the past powered off and then waited overnight, seemed to fix it at the time, but really not convenient.  At this time, back button not working again.  This is about 3 times this has occurred.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Master

Amylineweaver - I'm sorry to hear that your back button on your phone is not working. I checked to see if that is a known issue for your specific device and it does not show as a known issue. Is there any form of physical damage on the phone? - Krista
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well here it is spring 2015 and I am still waiting for KitKat in my Lg OG. I dont want to buy a new phone, this one still works. It is capable of handling the update, so why should I have to buy a new phone? I`m already paying way too much for service.

Journeyman

Yep, I'm still waiting for an OS upgrade for the Optimus G as well.  It's a great phone that has plenty of capability to run the latest OS from Android, but Sprint would rather force it's customers to buy new phones than allow them to upgrade their OS.  Imagine if you had to buy a new computer every time Microsoft put out a new version of Windows.. ridiculous.  

Sprint will get theirs in the end.  The time of sticking it to the customer is coming to an end.  There are too many options out there today, with service for $30-$40 a month, and no contracts, to allow a dictatorship in the mobile phone market.

Remember when all phones were free with a service agreement? lol.  Today we're being forced to pay hundreds for a cheap piece of plastic that costs $8.00 to make.  Unbelievable.  I'll just root it, put kitkat on it, and take it to another carrier that charges half the price for service, on Sprint's own towers.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat