Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe flash player

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Adobe flash player

I received my optimus g on Friday and so far so good. I logged into my Google play and proceeded to download all of my apps from my previous phone. I keep trying to install the flash player from my list of apps but I continue to get an error about error retrieving information from server. Anyone else have this issue? Can I get some help from a moderator or another optimus g owner? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Adobe flash player

Adobe Flash has been "disconinued" for mobile devices in favor of html5. There are still ways to get it and if you had it on your device before it was pulled from the play store you can still get updates but you can not install it to new devices from there. Also there is no flash support for android 4.1+ so when/if we get a Jellybean update you will lose it anyway.

Journeyman

Thanks Sontu. I wasn't aware that you could no longer download it on new devices even if they don't have jelly bean. I had flash on my nexus s 4g even after jelly bean update but I guess since it was on there before the system update I could still use it. That's too bad I really enjoyed using websites outside of YouTube with flash videos.

Journeyman

You can still download it just not through the Play store. You can get the apk directly from adobe and set your phone to allow installs from "unknown sources" then install it manually. I can't remember exactly where I read the article but Adobe said that if you have it installed and upgrade to 4.1 it would still be there but they recommend uninstalling it because it may cause problems. If its working for you without any problems I wouldn't worry about it.

Journeyman

Sontu wrote:

You can still download it just not through the Play store. You can get the apk directly from adobe and set your phone to allow installs from "unknown sources" then install it manually. I can't remember exactly where I read the article but Adobe said that if you have it installed and upgrade to 4.1 it would still be there but they recommend uninstalling it because it may cause problems. If its working for you without any problems I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks so much Sontu!  I went to the Adobe website and downloaded the .apk file!  Now I can use flash sites and watch my Japanese Anime on my phone again! 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat