cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can One Setup Auto-forwarding of Calls and SMS/MMS If Phone is FRIED?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Can One Setup Auto-forwarding of Calls and SMS/MMS If Phone is FRIED?

All:

I have a phone that's absolutely friend (shorted on a charger for no reason).  It cannot be turned on at all, as verified by the local Sprint Repair Center. 

Thus, I cannot setup auto-forwarding of either calls or SMS/MMS messages...because there's no apparent way for us to call into our Sprint Voicemail accounts and use the various "star codes" (e.g., *67 or whatever)  codes or  setup SMS/MMS forwarding.  One apparently needs the PHONE to turn on to do these things.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to to the following WITHOUT being able to turn on the phone at al (e.g., through the Sprint websites)?

1.  Setup auto call forwarding to another number of my choosing (not necessarily one on muy Sprint account)?

2.  Auto-forward SMS/MMS messages people may be trying to send to the phone while it's dead like this??

I know there's some sort of SMS/MMS server, and that our accounts there would be something like XXXXXXXXX@messaging.sprint.com or whatever, but there's no server information on your website or any info about how to handle ANYTHING like this particular situation.

Help.

R,

Bill

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Can One Setup Auto-forwarding of Calls and SMS/MMS If Phone is FRIED?

Billish,

That's not good. I understand that you would like to know if there's a way to set up call forwarding on a device that is damaged. I'm happy to say that there is a way. I'll be more than happy to assist you with this. Please follow this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X for further assistance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Nellie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Not just call forwarding. I'm also asking about SMS/MMS forwarding.  Can you address that portion of my question?

Also, what are you sending me the link to?? Am I supposed to retype my entire question at that link?

Master

Billish,

I apologize for the delay. When you click on the link, you'll be routed to a different page to send a private message. Once you send the private message with all the details that are requested (in the link), I will be able to access your account to assist you with setting up the call forwarding. Should I expect a private message? Let me know.

Nellie
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

Please check here for the most up to date list of Star Codes, Pound Codes, Toll Free, Abbreviated Dialing Numbers, handset and IP error codes.

Start first by reviewing these solutions.

SOLUTION: Star Codes, Pound Codes, Toll Free, and Abbreviated Dialing Numbers

SOLUTION: Mobile Internet Error Codes Grid

SOLUTION: Sprint Network Handset Network Error Codes

SOLUTION: Sprint Network Mobile IP Error Codes on the Handset

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat