cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracked screen.. Can't enter pin to get to home screen

Journeyman

Cracked screen.. Can't enter pin to get to home screen

So I cracked my screen in the lower right corner. I have  a PIN lock so I can't hit OK to access HOME. I have already received the insurance handset but would like to get some stuff off my phone and then erase it before sending it back. Any suggestions??

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Cracked screen.. Can't enter pin to get to home screen

LENOXPEMS

Thanks for the post.

Can you please advise as to which device you are currently using? Also what type of content you are looking to transfer over (pictures, texts, etc...)?

Let me know, so that I can determine the best way to assist.

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have the LG Optimus G. I thought I was posting that particular forum. I'd like to transfer or back up texts, pictures and music. But really I just need to be able to unlock the darn phone. I have the new Optimus G handset and I also want to erase the cracked one before sending back to asurion.

LENOXPEMS

If you have an SD memory card installed in the currently in the defective device, all music and picture will be on the card. Therefore, you can just transfer the media card to the new device.

As for deleting the content fully from the device, please follow the steps provided in the link below.

http://bit.ly/16AK1wE

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

you do realize that the Optimus G doesn't have a removable SD card?

Highlighted

LENOXPEMS

You're right. My apologies, even I sometimes make mistakes...

Would you mind telling me where you are located, city and state? Before I provide the alternate option, I want to verify somethings with the store first.

Please let me know.

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

and really if there's a way to just erase the phone I suppose I can sacrifice the photos and texts

Journeyman

and I guess I should say I've even tried the down volume + power/lock button to hard reset and nothing happens except flashing through a brief lg screen

LENOXPEMS

I am not sure of how much you can do on the screen itself. The link provided in the previous post provides steps on performing a factory reset, without having to unlock the device. I hope you find it helpful.

If okay with you, I would still like to reach out to the store to ensure all options have been exhausted. I can narrow down a store within your area with your city and state, or zip code.

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

you think I should go to the store? I know which one is close that has a repair center. I just didn't think there was anything they could do If I can't get past the lock screen

LENOXPEMS

The store has the ability to transfer contact from device to device. I am not clear on the media aspect.

I would not want you to waste a trip, therefore I am willing to reach out to the store ahead of time. This will help determine if there is anything further the can do.

Zena

Social Care Team

Journeyman

That would be great. My contacts are backed up to Google but the media isn't. At least not most of it. I wonder if they could open up the phone and switch the sd cards?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat