cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didn't Get Full Jelly Bean Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Didn't Get Full Jelly Bean Update

I didn't get Quick Translator or the new dictionary with the new Jelly Bean download...and there may be more I don't know about yet that I didn't get.  What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

JandRR

That is not good! What device do you have please? I would love to look into this.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Krishel

Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an LG Optimus Model LG-LS970.  My husband has the same phone though and he got the entire update.

Highlighted
Wizard

JandRR,

Thanks for your reply. Just to clarify, when you completed the software update, did you get a notification on your device prompting you to complete the update?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think so -- I think it just rebooted itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check and see if your LG Opitmus G is updated to JELLYBEAN=JB by doing the following.

Menu>System settings>About phone>Software information>Android version. The android version should say 4.1.2. If it says 4.0.4 or so? you need to update your phone.

To Update your phone go Menu>System updates>Update LG Software. Before updating make sure you use the phone app BACKUP to backup your phone and save it to your pc. You will need to copy and paste the backup to the pc yourself. The Backup app does not do it for you.

Once you update to Jellybean or if you have. To check for the dictionary and quick translator apps. Go to App tray(Apps)>Application Manager. You should see two apps at the top under a heading titled Apps to Install. Download them and have fun.

I hope this helps and Sprint Care need to start knowing how a phone work!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for all the information, but I do already have 4.1.2 but there aren't any apps to install.  Don't know what's wrong.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat