cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Retrieve interval greyed out

Journeyman

Email Retrieve interval greyed out

I have two email account set up on my Optimus G.  A Verizon.net account and my work email through exchange.  On both settings the Retrieve interval is set to manual and it is greyed out so I can't change it.  I used to be able to set the interval but now I can't.  Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Email Retrieve interval greyed out

Same problem here!!  Was just going to post this.  I tried to set up my yahoo mail and it wouldn't auto retrieve my messages.  So then I tried my sbcglobal account and same problem there.  It's now greyed out and locked on manual retrieve with no way to change that setting.  What happened?

Wizard

rbi90vmi,

Thanks for your post. Im sorry to hear your having this issue. Have you checked your phone to see if you need an update? Also have you checked the other settings within email? Has anything changed there? Specifically your name , the name of the email, etc, etc,? Sounds like there is a setting that is causing the retrieve option to be grayed out. Have you attempted to take the device to the store? This can help as a advanced tech may be able to get a hands on with your device and figure out what setting is throwing your option off. Check the link for the stores near you. www.sprint.com/storelocator

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so I figured it out. If you drag from the top of the screen to access your quick settings (Sounds, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc...) one of the settings is Sync.  This has to be on (or in my case Blue) in order to change the retrieve settings.

Wizard

rbi90vmi,

Thanks for the reply. Glad you were able to update us on this. Was it just the fact the toggle was hidden in the pull down? Was this the only setting that held up the emails?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks.  Yep that was it!

Journeyman

Thank you so much!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat