cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Shipments

Journeyman

First Shipments

Ok, I assume we're all here because we pre-ordered or are about to order the G.

I pre-ordered at about 7 AM mountain time on 11/1

Does anyone show that theirs has shipped yet?

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: First Shipments

I ordered around 2pm est on 11/1 and just got my shipment email. Says my phone shipped today via UPS overnight.

Journeyman

Woohoo!, I have a tracking number too, though it says 2-5 days for delivery.

It's not active in UPS at the moment, so that may change.

Journeyman

To anyone who preordered, I did on the 2nd and just got my shipping confirmation a couple of hours ago and UPS tracking has delivery scheduled for 3 PM tomorrow afternoon.  That's quicker than I was expecting, looks like I'll have my slate before the weekend.  Mine shipped from Kentucky and I live in Atlanta, so it's only taking a day to get to me.  I'm stoked.

Journeyman

I got my shipping email this afternoon too.  I live in LA and will be getting mine tomorrow by 3pm!  I think mine is coming from Kentucky.  So excited to have my phone to play with over the weekend!

Journeyman

Updated info, I should also have mine when I get home from work. 

I hope it lives up to the adverts, my Evo is getting tired.  I can't really complain, it's been a great tool for the last two years.

Journeyman

It's here!  5:30 PM Mountain. 

Journeyman

Hi,

I am very much interested in buying LG Optimus G but I wanted to wait till I actually can see the phone first hand.  Monitoring this thread, it looks like some of you might have already received the phone and may have been using it for few days now. Do you guys have any feedback ? Specially its quality, size, and overall performance. I also heard that Sprint version will not have microSD slot so how did you guys transfer the pictures, videos, etc.

Thanks in advance for your comments !!

JP

Journeyman

I've had mine since yesterday afternoon, I've spent all day benchmarking it and I have to say that it's performance has exceeded my expectations. Quality is excellent, fit, form, and function is as good as, if not better than any other Android device out right now. And don't forget, the nexus 4 is basically the same phone. It's better than the gsIII, in my opinion. It's bigger than my evo, but feels lighter, and is much thinner. Performance blows the evo away. It's now a quarter to three eastern standard time and with casual use, battery life is 74% since full charge this morning. Chrome is my browser of choice, and works a lot better than it did on my evo. Typing and editing text is much better as well. And one thing that surprised me, I was under the impression that the Optimus g had 16gb of internal storage, but mine came with 25gb of free space. Overall, it's a fine device. I haven't yet had a chance to test the camera, but I took a couple of snaps this morning that looked great.

I used mybackup pro to move all my files and data (apps, pics, sms, mms, music, playlists, etc.) to my new phone without any problems, and I've been using SwiftKey as my virtual keyboard. Though the stock keyboard is nice, it has something like swype that does work, I like SwiftKey better as it has an extensive library built up in the two years I was using it on my evo, which was also restored using mybackup pro. If you don't have it, I recommend it. It's worth the 5 bucks.

It's a great phone.

Journeyman

I'm very pleased with mine, the 5G wifi was a surprise.  Build quality is great, and the only slight niggle I have with it is that it's too large for the pants pocket that I usually keep my phone in.

(Left front magazine pocket on Blackhawk tactical pants) 

I am still working out the NFC side, I'm not sure what this is supposed to do for me, until and unless google wallet starts supporting it, which I expect will be soon.

A friend of mine has an Evo, and we were comparing. I ran Smartbench 2012 three times through, and got a couple emails, and read some news, starting well after she did, before her evo finished the first run.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat