cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen out of my LG Optimus G

Journeyman

Frozen out of my LG Optimus G

Phone quit working in the middle of the night.  Won't turn on.  Won't accept a charge as far as I know as I can't turn the phone on.  Typically, when I plug in the charger, if the battery is too low, it will show me an icon of a battery illustrating that it is charging.  I can't get any response out of the phone.  Wasn't dropped or damaged.  Used the phone all day yesterday without any problems.  Didn't think the battery was low last night so I didn't plug it in and I don't think that is what the problem is.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Frozen out of my LG Optimus G

My phone is now showing that it is accepting a charge.  Some continuously running application must have run the battery down during the middle of the night.

Journeyman

My LG Optimus LTE ls970 has done the something to me twice in the past month. It seems to have something to do with the USB adapter and/or disconnecting the adapter that sends off to a brick condition. I've been successful with plugging the charger back in and turning the phone on and then disconnecting the USB adapter.

Journeyman

My LG Optimus S has been searching for service all day.  I cannot call out and it goes to voice mail when I dial the number. Finally called Sprint and was informed that there was something wrong with the phone internally. We reset the phone (wiping out all data)  and it has been spinning for over an hour. The rep stated that  I probably needed a new phone, especially since my other phone ( Motorola Photon  4G) is working properly.  My LG is only two years old. I have never had a phone to just stop working.

Journeyman

Same deal here.  Just died and won't charge anymore.  Was near empty and plugged into a car charger with a flaky connector...however, when I left it, it was charging.

Now won't turn on at all.  I tried the "Hold Down Power Button + Vol Down At Same Time" trick, and that just makes the red LED blink twice, the capacitive buttons light up once, as if it's trying to turn on, then back to the red light, etc.  Repeats as long as I hold the buttons down, but doesn't turn on.

No display whatsoever...not the charging battery, not the LG logo.

I suspect the charging circuit got fried by the flaky connector in the sh-tty car charger...

Master

Billish,

I apologize for the frustration here. It is true that a bad charger can cause issues. I would generally recommend having either the factory charger or a charger that is OEM approved (you can get one of these from a Sprint Store). In this instance, I couldn't guarantee exactly what took place here. I would however recommend taking this to one of our Service and Repair locations (www.sprint.com/storelocator) for assistance with the device. They can work on the device to discover the root of the issue and work on the resolution.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Guys:

The local Sprint repair center checked the phone for physical or water damage but couldn't do anything to repair the phone.  It's DEAD, so they ordered me a replacement under TEP.

In the meantime, I have another problem:

Given that the phone is ABSOLUTELY fried, I cannot setup auto-forwading of either calls or SMS/MMS messages.  Why, you ask?  Well, because there's no apparent way to call into my Sprint Voicemail account and use the various "*" codes or  setup SMS/MMS forwarding.

Can you tell me if there's a way to to the following WITHOUT being able to turn on the phone at all:

1.  Setup auto call forwarding to another number of my choosing (not necessarily one on muy Sprint account)?

2.  Auto-forward SMS/MMS messages people may be trying to send to the phone while it's dead like this??

I know there's some sort of SMS/MMS server, and that my account there would be something like XXXXXXXXX@messaging.sprint.com or whatever, but there's no server information on your website or any info about how to handle ANYTHING like this particular situation.

Help.

R,

Bill

Master

Billish Please send us a private message by clicking this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X - Tanisha
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok, I did.  However, I cannot review the reply that you apparently sent me as a PM.  I received an email stating you had responded and providing a link on which I can click to view your reply.  However, when I click on the reply, your server chokes on it, telling me "an unexpected error has occurred".

Master

Billish

To get a better understanding, are you having issues sending a PM and email? If the PM is not working for you, send the email at sprintcares@sprint.com. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

- Miraille
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat