Is Gmail crashing for anyone else on the Optimus G since the Jelly Bean update? Here's the sequence of steps that lead to the crash:
- Receive a new gmail
- First, ppen it EITHER by clicking on the notification in the tray or by just launching the Gmail app and clicking on the new mail to view the entire message.
- Next, click on the Gmail logo in the upper left corner of the app to try and go back to the Inbox
- Next, BAM...crash!
- Note: even after allowing Android to report the crash through the Play Store and receiving the confirmation the report was sent, the play store continues to ask if you want to send the crash report each time you open it. I had to force close the Play Store and restart it just to get back to the "My Apps" page of the Play Store....
Here's what I've tried:
1. I tried uninstalling this week's Gmail update, then rebooted, sent a new mail to myself from a different app, and opened it in the Gmail app from the notification tray. Same crash.
2. Same as above, but opened the new mail by launching the Gmail app directly. Same problem
Anyone else seeing this?
NOTE: HERE'S THE GOOGLE FORUM THREAD WHERE PEOPLE ARE POSTING ABOUT THIS PROBLEM...everyone who has this issue should also complain and report it there!
Also, don't forget to report this to LG through their support site: https://wws.lg.com/us/support/message-customer-support
I think it's a bug with gmail, lots of people are reporting it. I report it to the developer every time it happens, maybe they will expedite an update.
I have this issue as well. I tried the uninstall of the updates and reinstall and it did not work. Its a really bad bug. Pretty much crashes all the time. Really frustrating.
I'm experiencing Gmail crashing too. Ever since the jelly bean update, there's been many funky things going on with the phone.
I'm also experiencing the native web browser crashing when I go to my Google homepage.
Message was edited by: ASM3
Hey this is a pretty shitty situation, and very frustrating. One thing I do to avoid it crashing, at least for a temporary fix, is instead of hitting the back button on the gmail app itself, i use the back button on the phone. That way at least it won't crash. Hopefully sprint fixes that glitch the next time they update.
Best I could do...