cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet...?

Journeyman

Re: Google Wallet...?

There has been a few articles highlighting leaked info that Sprint is indeed releasing their own payment app this year, thus the lack of GW, that being said, it is Sprint not LG that is blocking it from the google play store. The carriers are the ones who filter gps to filter out apps that would violate ToS like tethering apps and competing products like the soon to be released payment app.

Just hope they release it soon. I wouldnt mind a gw alternative since I dont use Citie Bank

Highlighted
Journeyman

Google Wallet works on the Sprint Optimus G (LG-LS970) after you root it and install a custom ROM that includes it already. (Thanks Sprint.) Since our phone is officially unsupported, you'll have to go that route or find and install the package manually. It won't install from the Play Store. Google Wallet these days can associate itself with any card you have on file with them, including ye generic VISA bank cards.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can also install via the apk file which can be found with some Googling.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I installed the APK, it worked for a couple of days, and now I get a message that says it's not available for my device or carrier.  Lame.

Seems to me that the hardware supports Google Wallet just fine (seeing as I had it installed on a stock build with no root).

Sigh...now I have to find a close to ASOP ROM with Google Wallet support.  That's annoying.

Sprint has also gone silent on this thread--still no yes or no to Google Wallet support, nor any solid evidence that the problem is on Google's end of the spectrum.  I'll take either one.  If it's Google's fault, that's great, tell me why and I'll go bug them about it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat