Jelly Bean 4.1 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1 update

It isn't a leak. They are taking their sweet time releasing it tho

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has Sprint themselves confirmed that they have officially released the update?  Or is this just the usual forum speculation?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not according to what Sprint said.

I'll be more to the point: Nexus 4 = LG Optimus G, so stop pissing around with getting updates out. Stop passing the buck, too, because other carriers update their popular phones much, much quicker than you do and for a "flagship," device, this update schedule is a joke.

I don't see how people on XDA can port Android faster than a $7bn company...

Highlighted
Journeyman

considering its on LG's website I'd say its not a leak. there are confirmations that ppl are receiving the OTA just slowly

https://wws.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=ls970

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is not speculation, but it is believed that it is not a Sprint sanctioned update. Sprint has not updated any information on it, but the update comes with the usual Sprint bloat.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's LG's JB, not Sprints as it were.

Here's my thing:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/LG-Announces-European-Launch-of-Android-4-2-2-Based-Optimus-G-331624....

4.2.2 in Europe and we have to foam at the mouths to get 4.1.2.
Makes sense.

Highlighted
Journeyman

and honestly since when does Sprints customer service or techs know anything? rarely. Its not a leak its just taking its time gettting to people

Highlighted
Journeyman

and the Nexus is a Nexus. not an Optimus G. Updates come straight from google on nexus devices. so if you want the latest and greatest get a nexus

Highlighted
Journeyman

You do realize the Nexus IS an Optimus G, right?

Highlighted
Journeyman

you realize the Optimus G is a sprint phone and the Nexus is a google phone? thats the difference. google controls updates on the nexus line

Highlighted
Journeyman

Which is fine and dandy, but seeing as how a naked Nexus ROM can be flashed over to run nearly perfectly on the Optimus G (effectively turning it into a Nexus,) I don't see why LG and Sprint take so long...

Highlighted
Wizard

The update was just posted here.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat