Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jelly Bean 4.1 update

Journeyman

Re: Jelly Bean 4.1 update

It isn't a leak. They are taking their sweet time releasing it tho

Journeyman

Has Sprint themselves confirmed that they have officially released the update?  Or is this just the usual forum speculation?

Journeyman

Not according to what Sprint said.

I'll be more to the point: Nexus 4 = LG Optimus G, so stop pissing around with getting updates out. Stop passing the buck, too, because other carriers update their popular phones much, much quicker than you do and for a "flagship," device, this update schedule is a joke.

I don't see how people on XDA can port Android faster than a $7bn company...

Journeyman

considering its on LG's website I'd say its not a leak. there are confirmations that ppl are receiving the OTA just slowly

https://wws.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensourceList?types=ALL&search=ls970

Journeyman

It is not speculation, but it is believed that it is not a Sprint sanctioned update. Sprint has not updated any information on it, but the update comes with the usual Sprint bloat.

Journeyman

That's LG's JB, not Sprints as it were.

Here's my thing:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/LG-Announces-European-Launch-of-Android-4-2-2-Based-Optimus-G-331624....

4.2.2 in Europe and we have to foam at the mouths to get 4.1.2.
Makes sense.

Journeyman

and honestly since when does Sprints customer service or techs know anything? rarely. Its not a leak its just taking its time gettting to people

Journeyman

and the Nexus is a Nexus. not an Optimus G. Updates come straight from google on nexus devices. so if you want the latest and greatest get a nexus

Journeyman

You do realize the Nexus IS an Optimus G, right?

Journeyman

you realize the Optimus G is a sprint phone and the Nexus is a google phone? thats the difference. google controls updates on the nexus line

Journeyman

Which is fine and dandy, but seeing as how a naked Nexus ROM can be flashed over to run nearly perfectly on the Optimus G (effectively turning it into a Nexus,) I don't see why LG and Sprint take so long...

Wizard

The update was just posted here.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat