Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus G Low Bluetooth in-call volume

Journeyman

LG Optimus G Low Bluetooth in-call volume

When I first got my phone this worked fine, but now when I make Bluetooth calls, either with the synch to my car (Hyundai Elantra) or to my headset (Plantronics Voyager Pro) the volume is so low I literally have to pull my car over in order to hear a call.  Other BT enabled apps work perfectly fine - music, nav (Waze), everything but in-call volume works correctly.  And yes, the volume on both the car and Plantronics headet were maxed..

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Tags (3)
46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LG Optimus G Low Bluetooth in-call volume

Hello? Anybody out there ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do I have to say something like Sprint service sucks before I get a response here?

Highlighted
Master

ParagonAZ

We apologize for missing your posts on this thread. I wanted to follow up with you to see if you have received a resolution to the issue. Please let us know.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this same issue.  My Sprint LG Optimus G phone via bluetooth with my car is worthless unless I'm not driving.  I have the phone volume maxed and the car stereo maxed but I can't hear the other party unless I'm not driving.  SprintCare, can you provide a solution?

Highlighted
Master

We'll look into it, let me ask you a question though. Have you used the bluetooth for anything else like a headset or speakers. If so did you also experience issues with that as well.

-John
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem.  Connected to bluetooth in my car with the ford sync the volume for phone calls are very low, I pretty much have to turn up the volume all the way.  However streaming music the volume is just fine, no issues there.  I have experienced this with my other car as well. 

Highlighted
Master

stc2010 Thanks for the post. When connected to other Bluetooth devices, are you still having this issue with low volume? Such as a headset or other speakers connected through Bluetooth? *David S Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same exact issue since pairing my LG Optimus G with my Acura Handsfree Link System.....I bought the phone new back in August 2013, and the volume worked just fine in the car, but then the first low volume issues started occurring around September/October 2013....I have frustratingly dealt with this for too long, and I am tired of having to use my phone on speakerphone or handset while driving because of this apparent hardware and/or software defect; its both illegal and risky, and I never had this issue with (3) other phones I have paired in this vehicle.

I know for a fact it is not an issue with my car's BT system, as my company issued iPhone works just fine (been paired for over a year) in the car....I have performed a factory reset on the device, and it then worked at full volume for 2-3 calls, then it went back to low-volume......Moreover, I went the distance the other night, and I paired the phone to my girlfriend's Prius and I observed the same issue....the volume was low.....I went even one more step further, and installed "Presets" from Google Play Store; its an app that allows you to edit all volume controls individually, including Bluetooth, and even this did not work, when I maxed it, which leads me to believe this is a hardware defect issue.

Given the multiple cases above, I would really appreciate if Sprint customer service would facilitate a one-time return of this phone for another phone of equal or lessor value, under its current 1 year warranty...I like the features of this phone, but this made it the experience very sour. I am not satisfied with this is phone and I will be printing this thread and bringing it to the repair store to request a replacement.

Message was edited by: arich83

Highlighted
Master

Arich83 - Thank you for voicing your concerns. In your case, your warranty is with the manufacturer itself. Therefore, it it does come to that (replacing the device), contacting LG directly would expedite the whole process. Let us know if you need more assistance. - *Pierre Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I, too, am having the same problem with my Optimus G with my U Connect. It worked OK to begin with and then started going out then coming back to previous volume. Now volume is just above a whisper. Have to be stopped and have anything with sound such as AC, radio, etc turned off to hear that little bit.

Highlighted
Master

BUS5678,

Thank you for posting! Is your phone updated to the latest software version? Have you tried master resetting your device? Please visit this link http://bit.ly/1lmjmNg for help in regards to updating your software.

*Brittney Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat