cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG Optimus G updating to Kit Kat?

Go to solution
Journeyman

LG Optimus G updating to Kit Kat?

I've been closing following the updates made to this phone, and carriers overseas have long since pushed out an Over The Air update for the Optimus G to Android 4.4.2. LG has already sent the update to all of its carriers, are we going to receive an online only update at the very least?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: LG Optimus G updating to Kit Kat?

ybariboo - We understand your concern. For more information regarding software updates please follow this link http://sprint.co/OldXXc and select devices. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. - Cher
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

is that link correct? it just links to the community homepage for me

Master

ybariboo - Yes, once you have reached the community page, you will then select devices. After you have selected devices, to the left you will see a section named Spaces. In the Spaces section, you will select your device model and there you will be able to check for software updates. - Cher
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've had my Optimus G for two years now, and Sprint updated it one time from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean, and that was right after I got the phone. Sprint could care less about keeping our device OSs updated. They just want you to upgrade in two years.

Master

MylesLong,

That's definitely not true, we do care. Once the update becomes available it will be pushed out over the air as soon as possible.

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

An update will never be pushed out by Sprint. The phone is two and a half years old an two operating systems behind. If Sprint cared about their customers, we'd have a decent network.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat