ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE and radio signal

Journeyman

LTE and radio signal

I have a sprint optimus g,great phone by the way.

i friend at work has the sprint note 2 and he gets lte signal in our building and i dont so maybe when the

devs start working rom magic they could see what radio is in the note 2 for lte signal.

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: LTE and radio signal

angelpenny49,

I think you need to turn LTE on within your device. Go into your settings and you should see an option to turn on the LTE vs. CDMA.

Wizard

angelpenny49,

Goto Settings>tap more>mobile networks>network mode> then select the network you want to use. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem. I just received my Optimus G. Before ordering, I checked the Sprint LTE coverage at coverage.sprint.com and it showed that I should have good LTE coverage. After using the phone for a day or two, I only saw one bar, i.e. the lowest possible signal. The signal strength shows -113 dBm. for LTE radio. Now, unfortunately, I used to be an RF Engineer so I know what that signal strength means, i.e. not good enough to transmit/receive. I also verified using a speed test app that the preceived throughput isn't even close to LTE. It's barely 3G (1 Mbps).

From all this, it's clear that even though Sprint claims there is LTE coverage, it's not for applicable use. I had to pay $10/month for premium data but clearly there isn't anything premium about this service offering. How do you justify the added costs to all these customers who are paying for a service that Sprint cannot offer ? 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat