cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ESN/MEID HEX/MEID DEC Info

Master

Re: Missing ESN/MEID HEX/MEID DEC Info

andersonjason1987

I'm sorry to hear about this. Are you also getting a red x where the signal bars would be?

George
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It seems to go back and forth between showing the red x and saying "Searching for service" and just blank bars with no red x and says Sprint, but still won't connect.

Master

andersonjason1987, Hey! Are you still able to make/receive calls? Please provide the cross streets and zip of the area so I can check the service levels. Keep me posted! - Justin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My wife and I are on the same account.  The other phone we have is the exact same model and works fine.  The one I am having issues with won't make or receive calls and won't connect to any network with all the information in the phone identity zeroed.  Right now, it's showing the red x by the reception bars and says "searching for service" at the bottom.

A cross street would be Weaver Dairy Rd and Timberlyne Rd 27514.

Master

andersonjason1987,

It sounds like they maybe and issue with the device. I did check your location and they are no outages. Try this on the device ##72786# the device will restart and try to update the profile. If this does not help, I would advice the service center. The device does have a 1 year manufacturers warranty on it. So it can be replaced by LG or the service center with a replacement fee.

- Paida
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Dear SprintCare Team,

I awoke this morning to the same problem with my 2.5 year old, uninsured phone. I too have spent hours on the phone and several more at a service center only to be told nothing could be done to fix my phone. I am beyond frustrated at this point. As this is clearly a known issue, albeit a rare one, I am expecting some help from you. This is clearly a software bug and not the consumers fault. If you prefer I take my 15 year old account and 8 total lines to another carrier just say so. I await your response.

Journeyman

Add me to this list too.  I didn't want to upgrade, I didn't break my phone, it worked well, I was OK with the contract and there's just nothing I wanted to replace it with.  But this morning it's not longer a phone.   It works fine other than some software issue and the only fix you have after all the resets is to just replace it at my expense?

Honestly no reason to stay with Sprint at this point, if I'm forced to buy a new phone and a new contract I might as well go elsewhere.  Which is kind of sad after 13 years.

Journeyman

I have the exact same issue, I got the phone reprogrammed for calls/Text and 4G but 3G isn't working and I've tried three times with the so called Advanced tech support to get the 32 char AAA password and they have no clue what I am talking about or they're lying and don't want to give it to me to force me to buy a new phone. The one guy basically said even if I did know it I don't think I could give it to you. What kind of **bleep** support is this >? He also told me to call LG...

Sprint Social Care

fisticuffs, Hello there! I would like to further investigate this matter for you. Can I please have the model of the LG device you're actually having this inconvenience with?

Kryshna

Sprint Social Care Team

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat