cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ESN/MEID HEX/MEID DEC Info

Journeyman

Missing ESN/MEID HEX/MEID DEC Info

So I looked down at my phone to see it doing a random reboot. And when it comes back up, it doesn't connect to the Sprint network. When I go into Settings>About Phone>Phone Identity, the only info listed is my phone number, MIN number and ICCID, all other info is just zeros. Is there a way to manually enter in the ESN, MEID Hex and MEID DEC info? I tried a factory reset and no deal, still only zeros.

44 REPLIES 44
Journeyman

Re: Missing ESN/MEID HEX/MEID DEC Info

It also might be worth noting that a couple times during this past week when I went to check email, it popped up with a message something about new SIM card and needing me to re-authenticate to my email account. I hope I don't have a SIM going bad.

Journeyman

Happened to my three phones all stock, no rooting or custom ROM. Sprint replaced my phone once, second time I had to pay 150 to Assuiron to get the replacement phone, third one was gone in less than one month. Assurion replaced it for free. All the three phones same issue, ESN, MEID, ... everything ZEROED out.

Hope you got your replacement from sprint.

Wizard

Rabbiddog,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear your having this issue. Which device do you have? Have you taken the device to a Sprint Service and Repair? I think this is the best way to get this resolved. Let us know what happened with the service center.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Victor,

The same thing happened to my phone yesterday with the zeroed out information. Reps at the sprint store say they have never seen this and are unable to assist. It is really frustrating, and I am stuck with a phone I cannot use for two days now. Perhaps you can make staff at the local stores aware that this zeroed out information can occur as a rep went as far as implying subtly that I stole the phone. Although I can verify it is the same phone I upgraded to last year at another sprint store. Just a suggestion as someone may not have taken the comment as lightly as I did.

Master

Thank you for posting. This may be a known issue with the manufacturer, what type of device do you have?

Thank you

Colleen Sprint social
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue.   LG Optimus G.   Standard model, no mods or hacks.  Plugged it in to charge woke up with all zeros and no service.  Contacted the customer service twice and went to the sprint store. No one has been able to help yet.   Wife has the exact same phone and she is having no issues.

If anyone has a workaround to put legit info back in please let me know.  Very frustrating to say the least.  Looking at having to buy a new phone is I can;t get this working.

Journeyman

This is not what we would call a common issue but I have seen it several times with this particular phone and the only thing that can be done is replace the device through a service center or Sprint directly (which I'm not sure they still do very much of).

This is NOT an issue you should have to deal with Asurion (i.e. pay a deductible) unless your phone is physically damaged. This would be a simple replacement at any service center store and as long as you have Total Equipment Protection the replacement should be covered for free.

Master

Foozookeep,

I can understand how frustrated an issue like this one can be. I will be more than grateful to assist you. So we can pick up from where you left off. What troubleshooting steps have you completed on your device thus far over the phone and in the store?

Sprint Social Care,
JaSherai
Journeyman

I feel your pain. Same thing happened to my daughters phone on Friday morning. Woke up to RED X and no service. Contacted Sprint, went through all the reboot steps to no avail. Was then told to take it to a Sprint store which we did only to have the TECH imply that the phone was either stolen or bought from a third party (really pissed me off). Took it to another Sprint store today and at least that tech was nice enough to tell me he has seen this problem before and that it has happened to quite a few of the LG OPTIMUS phones. He verified that the phone had not been damaged in any way and told me to contact Sprint about getting them to change my renewal date as we have only had the phone a little over a year. Needless to say they are very robotic and only want your money. I will be terminating my contract with them.

Journeyman

My LG Optimus G did the exact same thing last night.  All zeros under phone identity.  I took it straight to the Sprint store.  They also said they had never seen an issue like this.  Their only recommendation was to back it up, do a factory reset, then restore the phone.  So I went home and backed it up using the Backup App.  Saved the file to my laptop.  Performed the factory reset.  Still all zeros.  I then went ahead with the restoration.  It failed twice at 60%.  I guess I will revisit the Sprint store and see about a replacement.  I have both the Sprint TEP and insurance.  I will post back with updates. 

Journeyman

HEY, crazy i found this link.  I have the Sprint LG Optimus G and the EXACT same thing happened with me as explained above.  Plugged my phone in, worked perfectly, woke up, everything was functional except tower and data reception and everything is zero'd out.  I have no insurance because i take immaculate care of my devices, and they can not fix it.  It will cost me a several day wait and $75. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat