cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ESN/MEID HEX/MEID DEC Info

Master

Re: Missing ESN/MEID HEX/MEID DEC Info

ImTiredOfThisCrap,

Thanks for posting. This is a rare issue that techs have found a fix for on some devices. If the device is on version ZV5 or ZV6 plug the power cable that came with the device into your phone and a power source. Power cycle the device while plugged in and leave the cable attached for at least 90 seconds.

*Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

SprintCare:  My phone is LG Optimus (LS970) and same issue as reported, no cell service, ESN and MEID are all zeroes.  Factory reset was a no go.  Sprint Techs on phone said must send for repair/replacement.  Local Sprint store with repair services are seeing this problem with same phone as well as others but have no known fix.

Does the power cycle while charging resolve the issue on the LG LS970? what phones does it work on?

Master

sprintkissmybutt

You can try on your phone to see if it works. When you went to the repair store, was your device replaced? Let us know.

Joel

Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

Having the exact same with issue with a just arrived replacement LG G2.  I ordered it to arrive ACTIVATED, as the other times in past this was a no-brainer - turn phone on and maybe a *2 or whatnot.

I have spent all today, zeros for ID numbers on phone, network = LG! and phone number is some 64-bit looking number.  I have lost all data not factory installed.  I called Asurion to query if I there was something *I* was missing when I saw the instructions to go to sprint.com/activate.  WHAT - I requested the thing ACTIVATED!

All she could tell me is to take it to the corporate office.  That is 45 miles one-way.

Unacceptable and now I am remembering why Sprint is NOT the top of my list.  Something so basic has now reset everyone to zero operation.  Incredible.  Anyone had any success?

Ginny

Master

PEGLG,

We are very sorry to hear about this. It sounds like the fastest resolution to this would to take the device into a store. There may be a closer location to you. You can find a location here http://bit.ly/1bfD15Y. Also, when you try to activate the device on Sprint.com what errors are you getting?

-Patrick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same thing happened to mine last night.  It happened back in november or december also.  It rebooted during the night....woke up to no signal bars and all zero's in the "phone info".  Took 6 hours in the Sprint corp store while they messed with it and ordered me a refurb.  ...had to come back for it!  Does anyone know if a software update was made in the last few days which could have done this?  Seems odd all of us had this issue in the past few days!

Master

bdugan192, this does seem strange. Are you also using a LG? If so, what model do you have? I'd like to check which software updated was released most recently. Also, are you getting any error messages (SIM card failure)? Did the store ever say what may have been causing the problem previously in December? Keep me posted. *Sarah W Social Care
Journeyman

in researching this issue for my own device, an LG LS970 (Optimus G), I have found that the issue is with the EFS, or "Encrypting File System".  And if you have not previously backed this up, you are SOL, apparently, and probably will need a new phone. 

Journeyman

What's going on Sprint??  Two days ago my phone was sitting on the charger and now I have the exact same problem.  No ESN/MEID and Sprint Store said they would send me a new one.  I then get a call and they're saying I have to go back into the store and pay $75 for the replacement phone because I don't have insurance.

Judging by this thread, something is not right!  I've already invested vacation time in this, please help.

Master

Ralphklein,

From my understanding, normally when the ESN/MEID disappears from the phone the only fix is to have the phone replaced. It is always a good idea to carry insurance for instances like this, when something unexpected happens to your phone. If you don't have insurance, we do a one time charge of $75 to do an advanced exchange and at that time you have to opportunity to add insurance at that time. The manufacture also carries a one year warranty on the device. Have you had the opportunity to reach out to the manufacture to see what options they have available?

Thanks!
Samantha
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

There is a fix for this issue describe in the forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2161498

The hard part is getting the need information from sprint! I have fixed my LG so I can receive calls/texts and have 4G service but 1g/3g requires obtaining

Data Profile username/password - You can get this info by calling Sprint. You may be able to view the username with ##3282# > Data Profile > View
32-char AAA Password - If you are unable to acquire your 32-char AAA password(NV item 466 and 1192), ask Sprint. You may have to speak to some form of advanced tech support.

Other people on the forum have been successful getting this information from sprint, but every time I try I get people who have no clue what they are doing and just want to walk me through the troubleshooting steps on their computer screen. Does anyone know how to go about obtaining this information?

Master

Billrrrrrr, Are you trying to obtain your data username and AAA password? If so, I will see if I can obtain this information for you to have. Private message us your pin number or answer to the security question, this inquiry, and the cell number you have the issue with. We can look into providing the information once your number and authentication information is provided. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I am here to help.

Thank you,
-Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat