cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ESN/MEID HEX/MEID DEC Info

Journeyman

Re: Missing ESN/MEID HEX/MEID DEC Info

My LG Optimus G recently did the same thing. What is going on with these phones?

Unfortunately, I purchased mine on ebay. It was a Demo phone that had been in a Sprint Store. So my only hope is that LG identifies the problem and offers to replace the phones or comes up with a solution. Or that Sprint discovers what has triggered these phones to do this and develops a fix or replaces the affected phones.

Please LG or Sprint, don't make your customer's suffer. If you can't identify the problem, yet it is clear it is not the users fault, replace the devices, please.

Journeyman

The same thing just happened to my LG-LS970.  I was on the phone with technical support for an hour and finally he told me that I need to take it to the Sprint store and maybe they could fix it or I could have the manufacturer replace it since it's still under warranty.  Based on these posts, sounds like I shouldn't bother with taking it to the Sprint store and just get the device replaced.  How frustrating!

Master

kjtumminello, it really is best for you to follow that advice.  While a service and repair facility might well be able to assist, the manufacturer are the final experts and authority and can definitely replace a faulty device if necessary. Let us know if what you do and if you need further assistance. - Christy

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi, i need this same info to repair my LG Optimus G with this same problem!

Please provide me with my:

32-char AAA Password - If you are unable to acquire your 32-char AAA password(NV item 466 and 1192), ask Sprint. You may have to speak to some form of advanced tech support.

Sprint tech support failed in providing me.

Master

Neutech I'm sorry about that. In order to retrieve the information requested, you would have to dial ##3282#, then go to Details. Let me know if you need further assistance. - Nijan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Having the same problem right now. Sprint repair center says they can't replace it, and I would have to either upgrade (money down) or report it lost (money for deductible) No mods or hacks here either.

help?

Master

rishjaipuria,
Is this a phone you got from Sprint?
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't know if you were replying to me but I sure hope so.

yes this is a phone I bought from sprint. I have never plugged it in to my computer, I transfer all my photos via bluetooth.

I have spent all Saturday speaking to 6 different people (3 in person from 2 different stores)

$100 is too much for me right now, to use my insurance and to get an upgrade..

Master

Hello Rio1091,

I know anything that is outside of our budget these days is too much! Do you happen to have a phone that you can borrow from a friend or even one of your old phones that you can put on the line?

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Around September 24th, my phone stopped receiving service.  After a few calls to sprint, visits to the stores, and factory resets, nobody could figure it out.  When I look at the phone status, all the identifying information is all zeroed out.  I am trying to find out what happened and how this can be fixed as soon as possible.  Has anyone else been able to resolve the issue?

Master

Hello andersonjason1987,

Do you have insurance? Have you taken the device into a service and repair center?

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I don't have insurance on the phone and I got it, I believe, last May.  I have taken it into a store and they were stumped as to what happened and I was told there wasn't much that could be done.  I have been researching into ways to have it fixed with no luck, but need it back up soon.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat