cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimus G - Can't Update (Network error)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Optimus G - Can't Update (Network error)

Ever since Jelly bean got released, I've been checking multiple times daily to see if I was queued to receive the update. (Settings -> System Updates -> Update Firmware).  Until this morning I kept getting notification that no update was available.

This morning the update status changed to "Network error. Please try again later."  I also tried updating my profile and got the same result. 

I am able to access all other network data normally (check email, update apps, etc).  This network error occurs regardless of whether I'm connected to wi-fi or 3G

Android version:  4.0.4

Software version:  LS970ZV9

Can anyone at Sprint help?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Optimus G - Can't Update (Network error)

same thing is happening to me

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same happening here as well, also in St. Louis (Fenton/Valley Park area). Rebooted, cleared Google Services Framework, and updated PRL/profile but still receiving the same error. Hopefully this is a good sign (but then again, I've been hopefully led on false expectations from Sprint for the past 7 days now). Sprint, what's your explanation for this?

Journeyman

yeah - same here in south jersey

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here in IL.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am updating as I type, had the error this morning trying to update and just got a notification in the past 15 minutes. I am in the Metro Detroit Area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

FINALLY. Mine is also updating (didn't even need to force it to search for the update, it had already started during a meeting). Note that I'm in st louis. Looking forward to some JB action, I hope everyone else's wait is over soon as well. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

just recieved JB update after clearing google services framework

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat