Did you mean: 

Phone heat

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone heat

Hi all,

I got my Optimus G this last week.

I've been noticing that the phone gets extremely hot (close to burning temperatures) when I am on it using it normally... is this a big enough issue that I should return it? I don't want my phone to break after the grace period.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Phone heat

Upon speaking to an LG representative they said it should never dim while outside of heavy apps (such as games)... so if you are texting or calling and have this problem, you should probably return it.  I'll get a new one tonight and report back on what happens!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Brandonbetz,

I do apologize you are having this issue. It is not a common issue.

• Have you tried a battery pull of the device yet/powercycle?
  • Also are you using the original battery and charger that came with the battery?
  • How long have you been charging the battery for, usually?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi George,

My phone does not have a removeable battery.  I have been using the original charger with it.

I charge it until the battery is full.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Brandonbetz,

I would definately bring it into a service and repair center and have them take a look, while you are still with in your 14 days.

Thank you,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Upon speaking to an LG representative they said it should never dim while outside of heavy apps (such as games)... so if you are texting or calling and have this problem, you should probably return it.  I'll get a new one tonight and report back on what happens!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Brandonbetz,

Thanks for replying back with the update to your situation. I would bring it back to the orginial point of sale http://bit.ly/HmuBvA

If you need anything else, let us know. Enjoy your day!

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

did you not realize the battery is not removable... or just go into a scripted response?

Highlighted
Journeyman

mine gets hot and the screen dims and won't get brighter,sucks when driving and its bright out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Gregorykrugman1,

Have you had a chance to bring it into the service and repair center regarding these issues?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat