cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Reboots

Journeyman

Random Reboots

I just got my LG Optimus G and it has randomly rebooted itself about 5 or 6 times.  Any insite on this on what is going on or what i should do?

19 REPLIES 19
Wizard

Re: Random Reboots

Let me check on that for you. Be with you shortly.

Wizard

Currently it does not show that random rebooting is a known issue with the LG Optimus G. Have you tried removing the battery for about 1 min, then inserting it to see if that helps? If this is an ongoing issue, I would recommend having the phone looked at, or exchanged from where you purchase the device. May I ask where you purchased this device from?

Journeyman

I am seeing online alot of the AT&T owners are having the problem.  But it really just came out in stores yesterday for Sprint.  Is the battery removable in this phone?

Journeyman

Oh and I bought it from Best Buy

Wizard

You are correct, but battery is preinstalled in the Optimus G and cannot be removed. If this is an ongoing issue, I would recommend taking it back to Best Buy, because you're still within your 14 day trial period. If something is wrong with the Optimus, Best Buy can exchange it for you, as long as the device has not been physically damaged.

Journeyman

Ill give it a few days and see if it persists.  I have the Geek Squad protection on it.  I have an idea it may have to do with over heating of the phone, i had forgotten that this could be an issue with these phones when researching before making a purchase.

Wizard

Sounds good, but keep in mind the 14 days that Sprint allows for the trial. I am not sure exactly how Geek Squad protection works from Best Buy, therefore I can only comment on Sprint’s polices.

I hope everything works out with the Optimus G as I hear it is a great device with loads of features. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

I haven't experienced this issue myself.  If I were you, I would take it back to Best buy right away and get a new unit.  No one else on these forums has posted anything like this either (the first impressions thread), so you may have a defective unit.

Journeyman

There is a software update which updates your phone to version 8 software.  If you have not done this yet go into the menu, system updates...and check for Update firmware and update LG software if you do not already have software version 8.  This should fix your rebooting issue.  I hope this helps. 

Journeyman

Everything says its up to date...  Guess I got the bad apple.

Journeyman

I also am seeing the same issue. I had 4 reboots yesterday and only 1 so far today. It is very frustrating.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat