cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received Unit With Bad Screen (UPDATE: Replacement works great, though...)

12 REPLIES
Master

Re: Received Unit With Bad Screen (UPDATE: Replacement works great, though...)

FISHBILLS, 

Have you taken the phone to a service and repair center to see if they are able to fix the issue? 

Dania

Social Care

Journeyman

It is the same as with the old phone.  Worked well for a period of time, but now there is a dead spot approx. 1/2" wide down the center-right of the screen.  Cannot type "u, h, or b" when texting.  This is exactly what happened to my first phone.  I am sure I'm out of warranty and getting very upset that the phone can have a known issue, Sprint won't help, Total Equip Protection wants $150 and LG couldn't care less.

Master

FISHBILLS

We most certainly want to assist. Please advise as to what is going on with your device. Maybe there is something we can assist you with. 

Let us know. 

Zena
Social Care Team

Journeyman

Here we go again. Paid for insurance, got a replacement like 9 months ago, but now the same thing again. Ugg, don't know if I'd buy the LG again and sure hope sprint is reasonable about it cause this stinks!

Journeyman

My daughter's phone is doing the same thing.  Getting the same BS from Sprint.

Sprint will be losing a 14 year, 4 line customer over this BS.

Pay good money for "insurance" which means "refurbs" that have previous issues as well that some $11.00 and hour tech glanced at.

Don't buy insurance, don't buy Sprint.  They have lost sight of who the customer is...

Journeyman

Mine was a very well-defined bad rectangle, and it was right out of the box.  Yours looks somewhat similar.

It's likely a bonding issue between the layers of the display at the time it was manufactured.

If you point Sprint to this discussion thread, perhaps you can convince them to do a free replacement or repair?  Obviously, there are at least a few of us who have had the same issue.

Also, if you have Total Equipment Protection (TEP) with Sprint (through "Asurion" perhaps), this should be covered.  Also, your personal property insurance might cover it.

R,

Bill

Journeyman

I am having the same issues, but my dead spot is on the lower right of the screen. Of course, my took a dive on day 32 and it is my assumption that i am going to get screwed.

Journeyman

Re: Band Across Middle of LG Optimus G Screen Doesn't Respond to Touch! (Bad Screen)

Abe:

UPDATE:  The second Optimus G Sprint sent me appears to work fine and does not suffer from the dead band across the middle of the screen.  No issues so far.    Phone works well....except, of course, for the stunning discovery that Sprint does not support Google Wallet on this device, which is the key reason to have NFC on a phone, so...hmmm.

R,

Bill

Journeyman

Re: Band Across Middle of LG Optimus G Screen Doesn't Respond to Touch! (Bad Screen)

Abe:

I had not yet requested or recevied the replacement at the time I posted my original note. 

However, my original note DID state it was a brand-new device.  So, my comment actually still stands.  The advice for anyone having this problem with a BRAND NEW device should be to return it for a new one, not to spend a lot of their own time getting the device repaired right out of the box.

Regards,

Bill

Highlighted
Master

I understand your concern and frustration. You didn’t mention in your previous post that you got a replacement phone.  Sprint will send that device to LG for further troubleshooting and documentation purpose.

Thanks

Abe