Journeyman

SIM card is invalid - LG Optimus G

Why does my LG Optimus G show the message "Sim card is invalid"

6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: SIM card is invalid - LG Optimus G

jallen30043,

Thanks for posting.

That could be caused by a few reasons. First, are you attempting to use a different sim card, other than the one that came with the phone?

Has there been any changes to the settings or any new apps that may be attempting to use a GSM network - thus using the sim card?

Any other changes or anything new prior to the issue?

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

New phone. Only had 2 weeks.  Came from Sprint and it is the original Sim Card.  Have not removed the back or removed the SIM card.  I have only download normal apps, songs and am running lookout. 

Wizard

jallen30043,

Ok, sounds good. Lets test a couple things if you could..

Would you first go into your settings > More > Mobile network  and change the network selection to CDMA only and make sure to turn off all roaming to see if the message comes back?

Also, you may want to try to remove and re-seat the sim card to ensure that it's properly seated in the slot.

Thank you,

Chris

Journeyman

I might be missing something, but I didn't think the Sprint version of the Optimus G had a SIM card.  And, you can't remove the back or otherwise open it up (easily) anyway. - MarkC

Highlighted
Journeyman

My anti-theft program triggered yesterday sending a text saying my sim card was changed. It went on to give the old sim card number. I wondered if you had any details or talked to anyone as to why your problems ocurred?

Journeyman

The Optimus G has an encased back. I've never even removed the battery from it. I'm having the same issue, however it doesn't seem to be affecting my service.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.