I am interested in upgrading my Epic 4g to a LG Optimus G. Is this phone worth getting?
I hear so much good and bad things about it about how low it is but i also hear about how fast this phone is and definitely 13 megapixals. oh my.
Are you happy with the LG Optimus?
Depends. Whats the current price point on it again? I think its dropping to $100 after 50 mail in.
So for 100 bucks not bad. S3 and Note 2 still murders it. And also the soon released HTC One. I would recommend one of the three latter.
i came from the OG evo 4g. this phone is amazing. the LG Optimus G is hard to beat. spec wise, the galaxy note 2 is the only phone on sprint the keeps up with the Optimus G. the gs3 is nice, but it is not quad core.
also, the Optimus G doesnt come with a lot of bloatware. the one thing to take account for are.
1. LG does not update phones often when compared to Samsung or HTC phone. it may get 4.1.1 or so but, do not expect to get 4.2.1.
2. battery is nonremovable.
3. no sd card slot.
4.the Optimus G Pro is coming to america. do not know which carrier will get it.
5. GS4 is going to be announced on March 14. rumor...this will get the qualcomm 600.
at the end of the day....i love the Optimus G. best buy usually sells the Optimus G for 99 bucks.
I agree with BATMANX35. My bf has the Note 2 for his phone and the GS3 for his work phone and I have the Optimus G. My phone can run circles around the GS3 in a benchmark test like it was nothing, and goes back and forth with beating the Note 2. You'd be happy switch from the Epic 4G to the Optimus G. Don't let the other LG phones that Sprint has make you fear the Optimus. I actually was hesitant at first because my problem with Virgin Mobile prior with have the Optimus V and the Optimus Slider and ending up hating both phones for their lack of well....power. But then again Virgin Mobile is just full of handmedowns from Sprint. But when I held the Optimus G for the first time at the Sprint store, I knew it was definitely a great phone. Regardless of the old Icecream sandwich, which we all are still waiting to trade in for Jellybean.
But yes, the two features that are another scare for Android users is the fact of not having an SD card slot and nonremovable battery. BUT rest assured, I'm addicted to downloading and have downloaded apps and music JUST to do so, and have barely made a small dent in my internal memory. And also, I have yet to find a problem with my battery as well.
I've upgraded from the Evo Shift to the Optimus G on Sprint a few months ago, and I'm thrilled with it.
The first one they sent me had a bad screen, but they replaced it and gave me a $75 credit for my trouble (I sounded sort of mad on the phone...LOL).
The only ongoing issue I have is that sometimes the WiFi doesn't transition between networks properly. About once every few weeks, something will happen when moving from WiFi to no WiFi, or from one network to another. The "Search" for networks gets locked up and can't find any new networks...once or twice it's actually drained the battery fast while this bug occurred. It happens only rarely, but when it does, I ususally have to reboot to get the WiFi connection to work properly again. A few other people on here have talked about this issue in these forums.
Still, overall, I'm VERY impressed with the device. It has some nice things that I haven't seen on other phones. For example, when you turn it sideways, you can have the e-mail app show you a split-screen view that's a lot like the iPad.
The optimus g is awesome but seriously you'd be better off getting it under AT&T...atleast they have decent 4G LTE coverage. Good luck getting anything besides 3G on this bad boy lolol. It works great connecred to my WiFi though but we all know sprint's 3g blows lolol.
How do we "all know Sprint's 3G blows" ? What data, statistics, studies, or reports can you cite that establish the level of blowiness of Sprint's 3G? Besides which, during each iPhone release, AT&T's network gets widely panned in the media....with multiple, repeated claims of insufficient network capability. Do we read the same news sources or what?
I just got an Optimus G that I activated on Ting (uses the Sprint network). It's not the latest trick like the HTC ONE or NOTE 2, but it didn't cost like one of those either. It's a powerful and satisfactory phone for me that I expect will be viable, if not cutting edge, for several years. It works with all the accessories I use and does music and video like a champ. The camera has been panned by critics, but it works fine for me. (I recommend CameraZOOM FX.) People have no problem criticizing The Sprint network, but it works well in the areas I spend 98% of my life and Ting lets me roam for free in the other 2%. I have WIFI at work and home. I'm no longer owned by Verizon, have no contract or obligations and I'm enjoying it.