cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakerphone Comes on When Answering Call

Highlighted
Journeyman

Speakerphone Comes on When Answering Call

I have 2 LG Optimus G phones on my account and both myself and my partner have been having problems over the last week or so with the speakerphone being turned on by default when answering phone calls. I hadn't noticed a recent software update or anything that could be causing this and was wondering if anyone else has been having these issues and might know of a resolution.

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
Journeyman

Re: Speakerphone Comes on When Answering Call

I have been experiencing the same issue. 

Master

gg1020

Thank you very much for your post. I hate to hear that you are having issues also with your device. Are you to experiencing these troubles with the LG Optimus G?

Alex
Sprint Social Care
Master

RKeast,

Thank you for reporting this. I apologize for the service issues you are experiencing. Have you tried updating the data profile on the phone?

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Wow, i thought i was crazy. My Optimus G has been doing the same thing as well. Like you, no software update notifications were sent to my phone. Nor is this a LG feature.

Journeyman

I have the same problem. I only noticed it in the last week. I didn't hear about any updates to the phone.

Journeyman

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. The Speaker automatically turns on when dialing a number. Additionally, it is random, it happens when you call an existing contact or a new contact, connected to charger or not, being close to the face (sensor enabled) or not.  Any help is appreciated.

Master

JIGSPATEL,

This is definitely odd. Have you taken it to a service and repair store to get checked out?

*Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Master

Henrythe8thIam,

Thanks for the reply. I've looked for a solution on this issue and have not found one posted as of yet. One thing that I have noticed is that the volume configuration on the side is a bit low and since the size of the device is pretty large I'm wondering if the volume or the quick launch button may be being hit (just a remote possibility and not a certified answer by any means).

LG's support is pretty good and they are usually quick to respond with a fix. This is the link to chat with one of their device support representatives:

http://www.lg.com/us/support. Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.
Journeyman

I also have same problem however its with my lg g2. it drives me crazy.

Master

kaylamay0521,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Is this happening on every call with your G2? Are you also having issues with bluetooth connectivity? Please let us know so we can work with you and see if we can get to the root of your issue. thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.
Journeyman

My husband and I both have the LG Optimus G, we also are BOTH experiencing the same problem with our phone calls automatically going to speakerphone. BOTH of our phones today have gone to speaker with a phone call and then preceded to FREEZE and we were unable to turn speakerphone off. Sprint is absolutely no help and no answers can be found for anyone on why this keeps happening.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat