cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakerphone Comes on When Answering Call

Highlighted
Journeyman

Speakerphone Comes on When Answering Call

I have 2 LG Optimus G phones on my account and both myself and my partner have been having problems over the last week or so with the speakerphone being turned on by default when answering phone calls. I hadn't noticed a recent software update or anything that could be causing this and was wondering if anyone else has been having these issues and might know of a resolution.

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted
Journeyman

No.  This is not a device issue and taking the phone to a repair center would be a waste of time.  It started happening on ALL LG Optimus phones at or around the time this thread started and possibly when a new version Google Chrome was pushed.  It might have been fixed with another recent Google Chrome update.  Anyone confirm?  Since I got the update pushed to my phone I haven't noticed the speakerphone issue (at least yet). 

Highlighted
Master

While there are currently no known issues being told to us from LG, I have sent a request to engineers to investigate and if needed, work with LG on a fix for this issues.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just a heads up folks, I got the new Chrome update and it has gone to speakerphone but not as much... This is after a factory reset, updating the apps, profile, ect... I agree with Larryt, there is nothing a repair center is going to be able to do.. It's a bug in the software!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, since the 3/19/14 update for Google Chrome (give or take a day). The Sprint LG Optimus G has not gone to Speakerphone on any of my calls.

I know it doesn't seem likely Google Chrome would be a problem because the browser doesnt use/ask for phone dialer permissions.

But, process of elimanation. And the Google update...i'll leave it alone. I dont want Google to become smarter.

But, Google Chrome is/was more than likely the problem.

Highlighted
Master

BATMANX35, Sometimes there are other items included in those software pushes besides just the ones specified.  It wouldn't surprise me, though I can't confirm this through any official documentation, if you're all correct and it was included as part of the latest software push to thephones.  I'm glad to hear it's better, if not completely resolved.  Keep us posted, though, so we can follow up with our own LG connections here.

Thanks

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Hey!! 3 days in a row and NO speakerphone issue!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been experiencing the same issue, for approximately the same amount of time, and as recently as (more than once) today. Chrome is updated. I'm at a loss here, and growing increasingly frustrated with these seemingly random glitches. Any other fix besides updating Chrome?

Highlighted
Master

erindgentry,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in Sprint Community. What device are you currently working with? Is the software on your device up to date? Let me know I'd be more than happy to look into this for you.

Lucia
Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat