cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting and camera issues on my Optimus G

Journeyman

Texting and camera issues on my Optimus G

First off I have been a loyal Sprint customer for the last 10 years, I was even patient when I dropped my HTC EVO at work and it took a couple weeks to get a replacement, plus I have 4 smart phones on active lines with Sprint, now all of a sudden none of this matters. I am on my second LG Optimums G. The phone is a pile of junk, the worst part is I let a Sprint sales Rep talk me out of the Samsung SIII that I wanted.Texting doesn't work half the time, I get an error message: message expired or not available when I try to send a pic from my phone to either text or email, now I'm being told I need to use my insurance to replace a phone that has no physical defects, it is in an Otterbox and has an invisibleSHIELD screen protector since the day I received it. A defective product is going to cost me $100 (my deductible) to replace when it is only 2 months old, I think I might be talking to Verizon or ATT&T this weekend.....I have seen similar problems but not all together

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Texting and camera issues on my Optimus G

Sorry you're having difficulties with your Optimus G.  Manufacturers and vendors often fall short of expectation when they're confronted with issues they don't have documented cures for.  And though customer service varies a bit throughout the industry and loyal, long-term customers SHOULD be a protected commodity, I can assure you that it means no more at Verizon or AT&T than it does anywhere else.  (I'm not a Sprint customer, by the way.  I'm with TING, who's phones use the Sprint network.  I'm very satisfied.  I was a ten+ year Verizon customer previously.)  I've owned more than a dozen smartphones through the years and my Optimus G is the best I've owned with no problems or difficulties.  But, I strongly believe there are factors in everyone's locale that affect how devices work (or not) and manufacturers and vendors aren't going to deal with everything since the shelf lives if phones are so short.  Though they would prefer everyone be "happy", it isn't going to happen.  My future phone purchases will be based on (1) who has good coverage where I spend 90% of my life and (2) who has a device I want that I can purchase off contract (or eBay) and use without long-term obligation.  Good luck on your quest.  I feel you deserve some level of consideration, but I've never been able to crack any byzantine empire myself.  BTW, the Galaxy series of devices are excellent too and you shouldn't be able to go wrong.

Highlighted
Wizard

JEEPBOY1970,

Thanks for sharing your Situation. I would like to try to help. I see you said that this is your second Optimus, was the first replaced through an advanced exchange? Have you tried visiting a different service location to get a second opinion? Please let me know!

Sean L

Social Care

Journeyman

There is not a service center close to 98837 , I'm not sure what an advanced exchange is, my phone was swapped out at the recommendation of the closest facsimile of a Sprint representative our community has which is a Radio Shack employee. I don't have a lot of options where I currently live so it is frustrating to say the least.

Journeyman

I do like the phone a lot, It is my favorite so far also. I guess  the issue that bothers me the most is that the last Sprint Tech I talked to said they had done all they could do and nonchalantly passed my off to LG saying they could replace my device also as it was defiantly under warranty and a possible manufacturers defect. I have owned my share of smart phones also, in fact my Optimus G replaced a 9 month old iPhone 4s. Every so often I read about people that are having an issue with a product that is under warranty, I guess it is my turn to be "that person". In almost 11 years this is the only real issue I've had with Sprint, its been a pretty good run, so I'm not ready to switch providers just yet.

Wizard

JEEPBOY1970,

Thanks for the extra info. I am glad that this situation has not pushed you over the edge. I did a check and there are no service stores with in 50 miles of your location. If the phone is only a few months old, I would look into using the manufacturers warranty. This is the best way to make sure that your device will be fixed up to your standards or replaced. I am not trying to pass you off, I just want to make sure that you are taken care of properly.

Sean L

Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat