cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts won't send

Highlighted
Journeyman

Texts won't send

I have been having issues with sending text messages from my LG Optimus G.  I live in Indianapolis (46224), and am currently on vacation in St. Joseph, MI (49085).  I am able to receive text messages, but then when I try to send them, it says that it is sending and I don't know if the people ever get my messages.  My phone says I have full signal and even have 4G data connections, so I'm not sure why this is a problem.  I am an avid texter, and this is very frustrating.  Can someone tell me what the problem is? Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Texts won't send

When you send a text, the dialog shows "Sending..." until it's sent.  Once it's done, the dialog will show "Sent:" with a time stamp or "Send Failed:" with a time stamp.  You should easily be able to tell if your texts were sent. 

Wizard

I am here for you, in 46224, there's an event there. We're working on things. We are upgrading that state. On your device clear data history, log off wifi, close applications and reboot the phone. Wait a few minutes and test the device again.  I want you happy, there aren't any events in the area of 49085. Are you getting an error message? If so, what is it?

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

yes, except on my phone it would still say sending, even though my husband had received the text... thus the problem...

Journeyman

I am no longer in the area of 49085, but I did restart my phone and that seemed to help.  Since I returned to 46224, I have not had too many problems, except that I have noticed that my cell signal is not as strong as it usually is.  I would hope that since Sprint is the major sponsor of the event coming to this area, that this wouldn't be a problem.  Thank you for your help, and for letting me know that this is being worked on.. I have heard this for a few months now however, I hope that the issues and work being done can be resolved soon.

Wizard

An error message normally will have an error code number. Do you have that? May I have the cross streets to your current location in 46224? I would like to view the percentage on that tower.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

No error messages, it would simply just continue to say "sending" until I would eventually delete it.  Cross streets for my location are Speedway Dr. and Eisenhower Dr.  More major roads would be Crawfordsville Rd. and Lynhurst.

Wizard

There is network vision on Lynnhurts Rd, Highschool Rd. and W. 16th st. We are moving fast, with LTE. Things will be better soon.

Thank You

*Jacquice

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat