cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Unfortunately messaging has stopped' errors

Journeyman

'Unfortunately messaging has stopped' errors

Anyone keep getting 'Unfortunately messaging has stopped' errors?  I get this about once or twice a day but I do a lot of texting.  So annoying.  Needs to be fixed as I never got anything like that on my Photon.

24 REPLIES 24
Master

Re: 'Unfortunately messaging has stopped' errors

Sorry for the inconvenience.Are you using stock messaging or 3rd pty app for messaging?

Abe

Journeyman

Stock messaging.  Everything is stock.

Journeyman

It appears to happen the most when I tap on a message (with the phone in the upright position) and then quickly turn the phone around so that the screen orientation and keyboard move to the widesceen position for easier typing to reply.  This is getting very annoying.  Here is a picture I just snapped proving the error message.

LG_OptimusG.jpg

Master

What is your  device Software? Is it LS970ZV7 OR LS970ZV8?

Abe

Journeyman

LS970ZV8

I always keep it up to date.

Journeyman

Well I even did a factory reset of the phone last night.  Lost all my data and had to install my apps over again.  BUT less than 24 hours later I'm once again getting the messaging error.  So I think this is a potential firmware bug or bug with this particular app that might need an update to fix.  It 'appears' to happen once I get a large build up of texts in my inbox although I haven't confirmed this 100% yet. 

Wizard

yeah, that's a bummer. saw your Andr Central post.

Have you tried a 3rd party text app though to see if same prob?

Go SMS is good if you haven't dabbled before.

Journeyman

Yes, someone on sprintusers suggested Handcent sms.  I downloaded it and am using it now as the default sms app.  So far so good.  We'll see.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same problem when I imported all of my old texts from my old htc evo 4g.  What I did was go under settings from the Messaging main window and I bumped up the Text message limit and Multimedia limit from the stock number to some ridiculous amount like 1000.  You have to click on "delete old messages" and then click on those two options and just scroll to the amount you want.  I also clicked on message reassembly.  This option consolidates those long messages into one string to bring down the amount of messages you have.  I hope this helps.

Journeyman

Thanks for the tip but I didn't import any messages nor do I have any stored at all.  I delete my inbox every day so I start the next day out at zero.  Problem still happens whether I have zero texts or 200.  I am hoping the new OTA software update coming next week will fix it.

Journeyman

Also I am no longer using Handcent as it stopped making alerts to let me know I had texts.  Tried everything to fix it but nothing worked so I uninstalled it and went back to the stock mesaging app again.  I still get the 'Unfortunately messaging has stopped error' about 2-3 times per day.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat