Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with my LG Optimus G

Highlighted
Journeyman

What's wrong with my LG Optimus G

Greetings!

Before I explain the problem, here is a brief history of my phone. I have had my phone for about 8 months now and about two months ago I cracked the screen when it dropped flat on a tile floor. The phone itself was perfectly fine, only the screen and lcd needed fixing. Therefore, after finding out the warranty did not cover cracked screens, I decided to do some DIY screen fixing. After a couple days of reading up on it, viola! The screen was perfectly new and it functioned just as before. By now, its been two months I've been using the fixed screen. Now to explain the problem.

The display is functional. Upon restarting my phone, the screen works perfectly fine on the phone. After the screen times out and I try to access my phone, the screen is completely dark with only the back, home, and menu button below it lit up. The touch pad is also functional during this phase because I can hear the log-in sound(the popped bubble). The only problem really is that I can't see anything on the screen because the display doesn't light up! At a certain angle, I can see an extremely faint outline of the screen, though I see nothing at every other angle.

Thanks

-Winston 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Master

EpicGears,

Without the device in hand it would hard to diagnose. I would advise to take it to a servcie and repair location to get looked at. Here is a link to find once close to you: www.sprint.com/storelocator .

Thank you,

*Paida.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat